• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blood Wars Minis

Vocenoctum

First Post
Brakkart said:
Can't say I'm all that fond of either of those figures. I'm just going to have to hope I don't end up with a load of them I guess.

Both look like nice sculpts with decent detail, I wouldn't mind having one or both though I certainly won't seek them out.
Still better than a Wizened Elder

These could be the first figures shown I don't get all warm & fuzzy over. One I don't see using and the other I have many bags of large beetles I got for a dollar at a dollar store.

What we have not yet seen that I want to know about-

What Dragon(s) will be in the set

What Eberron figures will be in the set (know of the cultist only so far)

Any Aspects?

Any Dire Animals? I hope the beetle doesn't take that slot away.

Looks good. I put in my order today.

BryonD

Hero
megamania said:
These could be the first figures shown I don't get all warm & fuzzy over. One I don't see using and the other I have many bags of large beetles I got for a dollar at a dollar store.
That is my thought as well. Particularly the part about getting a bunch at the dollar store.
Pretty much zero added value to me.

On the other hand, I do understand that the market base for these products is divided between RPG and DDM players. And that cross-appeal helps keep the product and pricing viable. So, as an overall package, I'll accept that some minis are more for the DDM side.

BryonD

Hero
megamania said:
I will add however, that I will use these over my dollar baggie bugs :heh:
Heh, I'll probably do so as well.
Still, I'd rather use my $1 guys and have something ELSE also....
But I'll buy a case or so of this set (I expect), so I'll end up with some. May as well use'em at that point.

And like I said, it is a small price to pay. It works for me.

megamania said:
Looking at the stormlizard again I keep thinking- Dire Rhino.
Yeah. I'm pretty well into the "loath the XXXspawn" group.
But some of the minis are pretty much flavor free.
The Redspawn Firebelchers have already seen use at my table as advanced demonic versions of hell hounds.

Remove ads