Bloodcove Disguise

galahad0430

First Post
"Brotherhood troops you say?" She responds to Aradra. "I am loathe to let them in the walls, but we are at our end here and every sword could count."
Turning to Syldar, she continues, "Now that you have arrived, we can replenish our arrows. The Charau-ka just fling themselves at the walls. With enough bow fire and spearmen on the wall we can break their assaults. We were worried because our supply of bolts and arrows were very low."
As she hurries through the gates with you she says, "Forgive me, I neglected to introduce myself. I am Juliet Dias, leader of this excavation."

galahad0430

First Post
Juliet looks at the approaching hoard.
"It appears that we have about an hour before this group hits. Let me show you the camp."

Attachments

• base camp.JPG
    base camp.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 81

jackslate45

First Post
"Commander Dias, I shall make this brief. We have 3 archers: Chaucer, Syldar, and myself. The remaining three are well trained fighters in various styles. Markas and Mandalo will make an excellent defenders, and Kanlii is an excellent fighter if any of those creatures make it through. Speaking of which, that hole in the gate, could we use that and funnel the apes into a slaughter hole? This way, archers can get them from afar, draw them all towards us, and finish them. " Aradra says, detailing out his plan.

Last edited:

udalrich

First Post
"Focusing them into a narrow area where the fighters who perfer to be up close can finish them off is a good idea," agrees Syldar. "I could also create an illusion to help with that, but I can't shoot my bow and maintain the illusion at the same time."

She pauses for a moment and looks through the scrolls hanging from her belt. "How difficult is it to kill one of these creatures? I have a scroll that would increase the damage I do with each shot, but if we need several shots to kill a single creature, I fear that we shall be overrun."

[sblock="Knowledge check?"]Syldar has +7 or +8 in almost all of the knowledge skills, so she might know additional information about the creatures.[/sblock]

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: on the map, the spot that shows a damaged wall is actually not damaged. The apemen are about as difficult to kill as a normal, fit person.

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: So we are looking at a mining camp with a fully intact wooden palisade, and a wooden gatehouse. Does the palisade have a walkway type of structure, or is the only vantage point on top of the gatehouse? The damaged portion we should actually see as a normal section of wall.. that isn't supposed to be the gate or anything like that is it?

udalrich

First Post
As the group contemplates defensive plans, Syldar thinks back to the beginning of the mission and suddenly appears to remember something. She walks over to Chaucer.

"Back when we started, Frederick gave you a key that was possibly related to the magical dome. We were supposed to give it to Julis, the expedition commander. We have some time before the Charau-ka arrive. If the we can use the key, we may learn why they are attacking."

galahad0430

First Post
"A key you say? There are a set of doors in the side of the ridge that have defeated every attempt to open. The dome itself has no openings that we have found so far, but everytime the apemen attack it pulses more rapidly."

You look over to the dome she is talking about. It appears to be sunk in the ground and you can see the terraced excavation that the expedition has dug so far. The dome itslef seems to be made of some strange white metal and you can see a glow about it that seems to pulse slowly in intensity.

"Whatever strange effect the dome produces appears to completely prevent any type of teleportation magics. It is why we have been stranded here so long and unable to resupply."

She begins walking towards the cliff face at the back of the camp.
"I will show you the doors, follow me."

jackslate45

First Post
OOC: on the map, the spot that shows a damaged wall is actually not damaged. The apemen are about as difficult to kill as a normal, fit person.

OOC: A normal fit person would not survive an arrow from an expect archer, a blow from a raging barbarian, or a charging fighter. ;) As for the changing spot, we can shift it to the main gate and draw them in.

Aradra shakes his head and says "I am going to focus more on getting ready, as that is where my stenghts lie. As this is not a proper siege, we should hold out fine. Should they turn back, I will be able to find you."

With that, Aradra turns to start walking towards the guard tower, Shadow following at his heels.

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Aradra, if you walk away, you miss the next encounter. The apemen are at least an hour away, and there is really nothing to prepare for except manning the wall and shooting/hacking them.

Remove ads