Bloodlines

Gilwen

Explorer
I have a question. We are building characters and our DM want's to start an epic campaign so we are starting at 15th level. I am taking a Major bloodlines which means I have to take 3 levels in the blood line class. Does this mean I have 15 character levels effecitvely and the next level I can would I be eligible for the ability bonus that I would normally get when I hit level 16? Also, since I have taken 3 levels of bloolines do I get the bloodline abilities of a 12th level char or 15th level char?

I guess you can boil all of that down to do I treat this just like a LA +3?

thanks,

Gil

Last edited:

Drowbane

First Post
I could be wrong :p

Gilwen said:
I have a question. We are building characters and our DM want's to start an epic campaign so we are starting at 15th level. I am taking a Major bloodlines which means I have to take 3 levels in the blood line class. Does this mean I have 15 character levels effecitvely and the next level I can would I be eligible for the ability bonus that I would normally get when I hit level 16? Also, since I have taken 3 levels of bloolines do I get the bloodline abilities of a 12th level char or 15th level char?

thanks,

Gil

You have the bloodline abilities of a 15th lvl character with an LA of +3. Otherwise you don't get the lvl 18-20 Bloodline abilities until Epic...

Jack Simth

First Post
The section is ... unclearly worded. You "spend Xp" on bloodline levels, and they give you basically half the normal benefits of class levels (caster level, but not spells known/per day go up, level dependant effects (such as a monk's Stunning Fist DC or SR) go up, and you max skill ranks go up (but no skill points to spend)).

It's one of those "huh?" things. Ask your DM. The DM is the one who says "no, that build is illeagal as I've laid out the rules" or "Yep, that's right".

pawsplay

Hero

Essentially, remembering that bloodline levels count for most level based calculations.

Remove ads