Bo9S - Initiator Level of multi class character

Sejs

First Post
Nifft said:
Can you back this up with a rules reference? The text I quoted, particularly the bolded part makes me think the opposite.

Nope! Totally can't back it up, just going by gut.

:D

Sejs

First Post
ohGr said:
I realize we've kind of gotten past this, but...

Thanks to Complete Champion, barbarian pretty much wins this one, now. The 1st-level Lion Totem substitution ability trades fast movement for... pounce. Unconditional pounce.

Um.

Wow.

Really, really wow.

Between that and whirling frenzy, that's downright stupid.

hong

WotC's bitch
Drowbane said:
oh, WotC CustServ...

Duly noted, and ignored :p
D00d, nobody either here nor at the WotC boards has ever had a problem with that restriction. It both makes sense in the context of what the book is emulating (cinematic fights where people rarely use the same trick twice in a fight), and is reasonable given what maneuvers can do. In the absence of official errata, that answer is as good as it gets.

glass

(he, him)
Nail said:
[EDIT-Errr...where is that "written down", anyway? It's not in the FAQ, and there are no errata.]
It doesn't need to say you can't. I just doesn't say you can.

Despite it being used in this thread, the book never uses the term 'slots'. It just says manouvers, which are either readied or not. If something is ready, then readying it again would be redundant.

Someone came up with an excellent analogy: spells are like a row of pigeon holes, manouvres are like a row of switches.

glass.

glass

(he, him)
ohGr said:
I realize we've kind of gotten past this, but...

Thanks to Complete Champion, barbarian pretty much wins this one, now. The 1st-level Lion Totem substitution ability trades fast movement for... pounce. Unconditional pounce.
Yikes. I think my next character is going to be a barbarian... :D

glass.

Drowbane

First Post
Thai Cheese?

hong said:
My players refuse to use sudden leap (1st level Tiger Claw) because it's "too cheesy". :(

/jawdrop

Iron Heart Surge is the only maneuver that I (so far) won't touch due to Cheese Factor.

"my Tai Chi takes down the Antimagic Field!"

hong

WotC's bitch
Drowbane said:
/jawdrop

Iron Heart Surge is the only maneuver that I (so far) won't touch due to Cheese Factor.

"my Tai Chi takes down the Antimagic Field!"
Eh. The maneuver is fine, just restrict it to a more reasonable subset of effects than the ridiculous CustServ answer.

And ban antimagic field.

Remove ads