D&D 5E Board Games that make jumping into D&D with miniatures easy (and can inspire your games)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
While I have not played Warhammer Quest in 25 years or more, I still have a bunch of snotlings, rats, bats and other minis from it in my collection.

Retreater

Legend
Now that my in-person gaming is limited to occasional one-offs, I am very glad to have my HQ on the way. It was my introduction to tabletop gaming, my Red Box. Over the years I've tried (and failed) to find a substitute to my copy that I lost years ago, no other game has come close to it.
And it's not just nostalgia. I have played it recently and love it. Everyone I've introduced to it loves it. I've assembled my own copy with print outs of cards, stand-in miniatures, etc.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Now that my in-person gaming is limited to occasional one-offs, I am very glad to have my HQ on the way. It was my introduction to tabletop gaming, my Red Box. Over the years I've tried (and failed) to find a substitute to my copy that I lost years ago, no other game has come close to it.
And it's not just nostalgia. I have played it recently and love it. Everyone I've introduced to it loves it. I've assembled my own copy with print outs of cards, stand-in miniatures, etc.
I still have my copy from when I was a teen. I decided to back the new one as a future gift for my nephew. He turns 2 actually tomorrow. So it will be a bit before we can enjoy it. Trying to decide if I should paint the minis or just give him the game as a present wrapped still?

Retreater

Legend
I still have my copy from when I was a teen. I decided to back the new one as a future gift for my nephew. He turns 2 actually tomorrow. So it will be a bit before we can enjoy it. Trying to decide if I should paint the minis or just give him the game as a present wrapped still?
I'm debating painting mine as well. I typically paint board game minis, but in this case the colors are pretty useful for categorizing. We'll see.
Thinking about my own childhood, I'd love to have had a personalized gift from my uncle. Maybe if we painted it together and made some good memories together?
Sounds like you have plenty of time to decide.

Remove ads