BOEF Errata/Updates?

As far as I'm aware there are no updates to that book, but if one were to make them it would be rather long. It is so full of awkward and unbalanced concepts that it'd probably be easier to start from scratch than update it. The Valar Project also seems to have poofed from existence, so unless it somehow reforms there won't be any official redoes of it since pretty much no one else wants to touch that stuff.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Really? Which products? Do tell...

The only one I'm certain of is Sisters of Rapture (the link is for the 3.5 version; there's also a Pathfinder version). Note that you'll need to be logged in to see the RPGNow storefront for these, as they're marked as "adult" products.

The only real overlap that SoR has with the BoEF is that it uses (with some revisions) the Perform (sexual techniques) skill. Beyond that, it offers a different take on the subject of sex as part of the game - personally, I think it's a much better one - as it presents a highly-eroticized organization (the eponymous Sisters) and has the new material revolve around that, rather than presenting a lot of context-free sex-based crunch for your game. The mechanics are also balanced better, to boot.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Sisters of Rapture looks interesting, I wish I had the jink for it. In the mean time, how do I make the most of the BOEF? For the most part I like it. The core mechanics don't look bad to me, and I like the classes and feats...

Zireael

Explorer
BoEF had some good ideas, but more context would have been nice. I disliked the additional ability score, but Perform wasn't bad. At least some of the feats made sense of "chainmail bikini".

Remove ads