• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bones II

Starfox

Hero
I am playing Skull & Shackles NOW, not in a year :(

dde8bbbf361458bc13dab86e751436d9_large.jpg

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
3 days left!

I love these bones kickstarters, the core 155 figures for 100$ is just sweet.
My add Ons:
1-2 dragons likely cinder and blightfang
Rat men
extra lesser demons
the huge Old one Worm thing. its a brilliant sculpt
gelatinous cube - transparent, and can fit another figure inside it.

Still undecided about he expansions, EXP #1 has the best dragon, and leader/sorcerer for goblins and kobolds. Its also the only set fully unlocked so far

EXp #2 has some cavalry and townguards, it also comes with purple translucent figures.
but it has 5 remaining unlocks, and it may not get them all unless pledges increase

Exp #3 has moder terrain, alien critters and a tardis.

Starfox

Hero
155 figures? Cool... I was too lazy to count ^^

I like the angels in expansion #2, but its still a bit costly for what you get.

Alarian

First Post
I've been a bit disappointed with this KS compared to the first one. Basically in the first one for $100 you were in for everything but the add-on's. This one To get the "core" you're looking at $250 for about the same amount of mini's. Up until today with Troll Slayer Sophie which is one mini, there hasn't been anything added to the core mini list in something like the last 1.2-1.5 million dollars of pledges. Now, being in the last three days, things may change, and perhaps they were saving all the core add-on's for the last few day rush, but as of right now this Core list is about 100 mini's less for the same price as the first.

I also think this one has been more difficult to follow, with Core rewards, Expansions 1, 2 and 3 rewards and the surprise reveals, I have to keep scrolling all over the place to figure out just whats in what set now.

I'm currently in for a Core, and Expansions 1 and 2 and a few add-on's, but unless something really wow's me coming up, I'm going to be dropping Expansion 2 and picking up a few more add-on's most likely.

Zinovia

Explorer
I like Expansion two as well, but I'm hoping we get more unlocks soon. It is currently teetering on the brink of being worth dropping $50 a year in advance. The main set is a great deal right now, as are many of the addons. Nice price on the paints 12/ $18, given they normally are $3.29 each.

I love the gelatinous cube shown in the feature video. Last time we had one in the game, I used a clear plastc hexagonal dice container, which was appropriate, given we use a hex mat for our minis. :)

This one doesn't seem like it will reach as high as the last Bones Kickstarter (which I sadly missed out on). Be careful about waiting until the last minute to pledge because Amazon Payments has had trouble with losing pledges when it gets too close to a deadline. People missed out on the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter because of that.

Alarian

First Post
I'm definitely in on this one just not quite as excited. This one they seem to be trying a lot harder to monetize it than the last. Perhaps they felt they gave away too much with the first one, I don't know. I know they ended up eating up a huge chunk of their profits in the first one with the international shipping, but they are already taking that into account with this one by making overseas pay their own shipping. I'm already in for plenty of money, so even if I wasn't able to change my pledge later, I would be fine right now. If anything, at this point I would be more apt to lower my pledge than raise it for what I have in.

I agree the Gelatinous cube looks great and I'll definitely be getting that. I wasn't that impressed with the drawing of the giant maggot thing that's currently a stretch goal, but after seeing the sculpt, I'm going to be in for that as well. Still looking forward to further reveals so we'll just have to see how far it goes.

I agree I don't think this one is going to go as high as the first. I see a lot more discontent in the comments this time around than the first. The only real gripe in the first was the pdf's that it seemed no one liked, this one I've heard quite a bit of griping from people about how it's being run.

ced1106

Explorer
Perhaps they felt they gave away too much with the first one

That's pretty much it. If you remember Update 30, they had a pie chart with how the funds broke down. If you crunch the numbers, less than 1.5% was "profit" which was actually re-invested for the injection machine, warehouse, shelves, etc. Now if you see that 1.5% as the remaining "wiggle room" for the project, that's a very slim remaining margin of error. On top of this, while the shipping delay from backer POV was inconvenience, the shipping delay from Reaper's POV were delays in other projects, resulting in lost revenue. The Learn to Paint Kits were scheduled for a revision in January and *still* aren't out yet!

I'm reading quite a few comments from potential backers who say they'll wait for retail before buying the mini's. I don't think Reaper's going to be upset about that, either!

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I think it's shaped up to be pretty good value. There's only a few hours to go and they've added some more to the basic package. The Expansion pack has also had some adders. I admit I've thrown in the $50 for it. I also want some of the extras. IIRC I've pledged about 300. But what the hell, I love minis.

Remove ads