Spelljammer Boo Book: Spelljammer, Space, and Speculation!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
1632861247942.png

So I'm sure we've all seen this image by now from the "Future of D&D Panel" but I wanted to talk a little bit more about it, in its own special thread.

Now, Chris Perkins has already pointed out that the cute critter on the cover is none other than Boo, the miniature-giant-space-hamster... which may just be a hamster. But nonetheless, Boo is an interesting focus to put on any cover... and with a looming eye behind him, much like a beholder (or even Spelljammer Beholder Ships), a lot of folks (myself included) are leaning that maybe this is a Spelljammer book!

1632862187700.png

Boo is of course a Forgotten Realms character, but RealmSpace has a lot of beholders in it.

The (sort-of) planet H'Catha is a flat disc of water with a mountain jutting out of it. The planet is ruled by six beholders, each of which controls one port at the foot of the mountain. Beholders are a common Spelljammer monster, having their own ship designs to ply the space between worlds.

1632863047927.png

RealmSpace has a lot of other planets as well, including Glyth which is ruled by illithids. But a cover that has both Boo (allegedly) a miniature-giant-space-hamster, and what is likely a Beholder behind him? Coincidence.... I think not!

Anyway, lets say you join me on the hype train for this book... would you want this to be an adventure? Or a setting book? How much material on ships would you want? Do you want to see Giff, or other races make a return like the Scro?

This is just a fun speculation thread, so feel free to give thoughts on what you want, instead of what you think this book is likely to have.

Realmspace is really cool, you have a planet of black Egyptian Ptah (God of Wildspace) worshipping Halflings (alot of folks don't know FR has black Halfling race, probably because as a Spelljammer cross over most aren't on Toril, they are on Anadar, but some might be on Toril as well), you have a Gas Giant with floating islands in it, Elminister owns a retreat there), Garden a giant plant planet with a Wa Colony on it, FRs Sun is inhabited, Glyth has drinkable Jelly Oceans, and a ton of other cool stuff.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I HOPE it’s a Forgotten Realms-to-Spelljammer adventure. Given the beholder behind Boo, Beholders as the big bads.

My dream layout for said adventure would be something like this:
Chapter 1 = Lantan
Chapter 2 = Tears of Selune
Chapter 3-? = the different planets in Realmspace. I know the names of most of the planets, but not the order they go in from nearest to farthest from the sun.

I HOPE it’s a Forgotten Realms-to-Spelljammer adventure. Given the beholder behind Boo, Beholders as the big bads.

My dream layout for said adventure would be something like this:
Chapter 1 = Lantan
Chapter 2 = Tears of Selune
Chapter 3-? = the different planets in Realmspace. I know the names of most of the planets, but not the order they go in from nearest to farthest from the sun.

Here you go.

Hope it has different Spelljammer options like BG: DiA had Infernal Warmachine options,minus the soul coins thing which I hated.

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
Here's what I want- no expectation that it would happen. A boxed set like the original Spelljammer boxed set, with a hex map and ship tokens, and rules for space combat between ships, explanations of how spelljamming works, etc. Then a second book that details the FR crystal sphere and has an adventure that takes ground based characters in to space.

To be clear, I don't ever expect that to happen. But wow would it be cool! I want my WizKids Spelljammer ship minis to paint for space battles!

Remove ads