Books everyone seems to love, but you just can't

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I still enjoy this one, but find the many different POV confusing.
Tangent:
A tourist attraction in Orlando "The Bible Experience" takes 2500 or so years of history and squishes it down as if it all happened at once. Seeing Roman soldiers walk past Abraham's tent just did not work for me (I have a History minor). Individually the displays were good.

Sorry not sorry...

1611934829211.png

1611934945942.png

1611934686250.png

But I now want to read a LoTR meets Seinfeld pastiche.

I don't like horror, so I haven't read much Stephen King, but for some reason, I absolutely love Pet Semetary. I also really like Anne McCaffrey, but some of her books duplicate too much of what is going on in other books. I actually like her son's continuation of the series better, but the polyamory made it so I wouldn't let my kids read them until I knew they could handle it. Anne hinted at it, but Todd full-on went there.

Terry Pratchett. His humour and my humour just don't quite mesh. Bounce.

I don't mind Pratchett in moderation, but Good Omens definitely belongs on the list for me. It's on a bunch of "Best Fantasy" novel lists and people were super excited when the Amazon series came out. I found it quite forgettable.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don't like horror, so I haven't read much Stephen King, but for some reason, I absolutely love Pet Semetary. I also really like Anne McCaffrey, but some of her books duplicate too much of what is going on in other books. I actually like her son's continuation of the series better, but the polyamory made it so I wouldn't let my kids read them until I knew they could handle it. Anne hinted at it, but Todd full-on went there.
Wait what? Polyamory isn’t more “adult” than monogamy.

Remove ads