Boston Game Day - May The Fourth Be With You (GM Sign-Up)

FickleGM

Explorer
What: Boston Game Day!
When: May 4th, 2013 from 8:00am-8:00pm (see Travel, below)
Where: 3 Bridle Spur Road, Danvers, MA
Why: To have fun, of course!

You are welcome to our temporary abode for a day of games and fun with friends.

Travel: I will cover this in more detail as we get closer to the event, but after taking a look at the MBTA schedule for the commuter rail to Beverly, I wanted to make a special note - if you are planning to take the train, please be on the 8:30am out of North Station, which will get you to Beverly at 9:03am, where we can pick you up. Likewise, we will ensure that after the final timeslot, you can be returned to the Beverly station in time for the 8:05pm heading back to Boston.

Schedule (due to the train schedule, the timing is shifted by one hour)
8:30-10:00: Breakfast/Socializing
10:00-2:00: Morning Games
2:00-3:00: Lunch/Socializing
3:00-7:00: Afternoon Games
7:00-8:30: Dinner/Socializing

Travel, Parking, Eating, etc. will be covered in more detail as we get closer.

With the above out of the way, let's get down to business...

CALLING ALL GMs!!!

If you are interested in running a game, please post your intention to do so with a description of your game, the game system and the maximum number of players you want. If you have a preference, you may also list your preferred time-slot and room.

Game Rooms
Basement Gaming Area (table space and seating for GM and 6-7 players)
Basement Recreational Area (coffee table, sofa, easy chair, plus a couple folding chairs pulled in for relaxed gaming for GM and 5-6 players)
Basement Fitness Room (table space and seating for GM and 5-6 players)
First Floor Dining Room (table space and seating for GM and 5-8 players)
First Floor Living Room (sofa, easy chairs, plus additional chairs for relaxed gaming for GM and 5-8 players)

Morning Games
1. Umbran - The Fungus Among Us - Atomic Robo - 4 to 6 players
2. LordBill of Bedrock Games - Sertorius - New Game (Network System, i.e. Servants of Gaius, Terror Network) - 6 to 8 players
3. Seonaid - Hollowpoint - 4 to 6 players (more details to follow)
4. nasrat - A Winter's Tale - Dread - 5 players
5. Qualidar - The Raw Deal and the Iron Hand Gang - Deadlands Reloaded - 4 to 6 players? (blurb/link forthcoming...)

Afternoon Games
1. Gabriel "FickeGM" Whitehead - Steam Wars - Airship Pirates - 4 to 6 players
2. LordBill of Bedrock Games - Sertorius - New Game (Network System, i.e. Servants of Gaius, Terror Network) - 6 to 8 players
3. PrincessKeyBlade - Bulger Returns, the Hunt Begins - Savage Worlds - 3 to 6 players
4. Kevin "Piratecat" Kulp - PLAYTEST - The Clock Project (GUMSHOE) - 4 to 6 players
5. JC - TBD - TBD - TBD (more info forthcoming)

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am helping to run two live action games on the weekend of March 1st. I won't be able to think on other matters until after then.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
PM game:

I'm going to change my game to one I'm playtesting.

Playtest: "The Clock Project"

You were plucked from your own time seconds before an untimely death, and you were given a choice: guard Earth's history from time-traveling assassins, or return to a life that's about to be cut very short? We all know what you chose. But now your enemies have struck, there's a chronal wave bearing down on you and changing all of history in its path, and it's up to your group to save history. Not too shabby for your first mission.

Piratecat is developing a new GUMSHOE game about time travel, so come help playtest. 6 PCs, and he'll talk to you ahead of time about yours.

EDIT: I changed games and (I think) changed times to the PM. New game is above.

Last edited:

FickleGM

Explorer
I'll be running at least one game (the reserved morning spot is mine). I know of a few more folk who tend to run games, as well, but haven't posted yet. Since we won't be opening up for player sign ups until late March, there is close to a month left for folks to volunteer to run games.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Right. I'm just being all proactive 'n stuff. Hooray, me!

For folks on Twitter, please feel free to follow
Code:
@bostongameday
It's my alternate Twitter account used to announce Boston Gameday stuff.

EDIT: Twitter handle put into a code block so that the messageboard software doesn't turn it into a local username.

FickleGM

Explorer
PM Game:

STEAM WARS!

Coruscant, a plateau-spanning city, rests uneasily above the mist-shrouded lake below. An emperor sits uneasily upon his throne as he watches his most able servant from beneath a shadowy hood. A warrior strides uneasily from the throne room, the orders from his emperor weighing heavily upon him. A princess stares uneasily out the window of a skyship as it speeds away from Coruscant, the fate of so many resting in her hands.

In the galley of the princess' skyship, two labor dolls argue incessantly about a recent event. One, the overly cautious personal servant of the princess, is berating the other, the skyship's energetic waiter, for his wreckless behavior around the princess. The waiter, having no vocal capabilities, whirrs angrily in response, as he tries to explain that he was not bothering her, but that she was giving him something to keep safe.

Miles away, a barren plateau called Tattooine sits desparately above the mist-covered wasteland below. A young man kicks the dirt in frustration as he watches his friends leave him behind as they speed toward the city. He stares hopelessly at his uncle's condensation farm, realizing that he will never find the excitement of which he dreams every night. A call from the house brings him back to reality as his aunt announces the readiness of the evening meal.

In the skyport city of Mos Eisley, a group of youngsters speed past a pilot and his mutant friend as they are about to enter a seedy cantina, hoping to find a drink and perhaps a bit of relaxation while they contemplate their next move.

Hours go by and a pilot emerges from a seedy cantina, stumbling drunkenly as his mutant companion attempts to steady him. A princess, followed by two dolls, rounds a corner while watching behind her. A young man, eager to find his friends, speeds headlong down the road in his hover-cruiser.

A pilot stumbles into the road as a princess accidentally runs into a furry mutant, interfering with his attempt to keep the pilot out of the road. A young man veers suddenly to avoid hitting a drunken pilot. The strangers all stare nervously at each other as disaster is barely averted...or is it?

Suddenly, a group of Imperial Stormtroopers round the corner, weapons drawn, as they look directly at the strangers...

Take part in a somewhat familiar story told in a Planetary Romance/Steampunk setting.

This is a game for 6 players and will utilize the Airship Pirates game system.

EDIT: I gave up my morning slot so another GM can run. I also decided to go with the Airship Pirates system.

Last edited:

FickleGM

Explorer
...wow. That's amazing.

Thank you. I don't know if I'd call it amazing, though. It's just a slightly tweaked and reskinned version of the original. :)

Now, I just have to decide on a system and whether I want to go with my stated AM slot or move it to a PM slot.

Kassegore

First Post
Thank you. I don't know if I'd call it amazing, though. It's just a slightly tweaked and reskinned version of the original. :)

Now, I just have to decide on a system and whether I want to go with my stated AM slot or move it to a PM slot.

I vote for West End Star Wars, still my favorite star wars RPG system :)

Hello Fickle GM,

My wife and I just moved to Portland, Maine and we'd love to come down and join you guys and gals for a game or two. I'd be happy to run a Pathfinder game, though I haven't decided on what theme/trope to base the adventure around. Perhaps something with a sword and sorcery theme, heavy on investigation and eldritch horror, set in the deserts of Osirion.

As for myself, I've been Dm'ing for 20 years, everything from home games, RPGA events, Living Arcanis, Pathfinder Society, WEG Star Wars, and a myriad of other systems over the years. Most recently I just finished up a 2 year stint as a DM in New Jersey for a group of friends there (including Kit and Laura Yona). Piratecat is familiar with Kit's story blog on this site which highlights our escapades (Muddled Pasts - Pathfinder 3.5). Anyhow, I'm sure Kit will vouch for me, I'll give him a ring and point him towards this forum.

Sincerely
Duane Choquette

P.S. Oh and my wife is Katheryn Casale, Katcitrus on the forums
P.P.S If you're inundated with GM's, I will happily play anything.

Remove ads