Boston Game Day on 3/10/12: registration for games is open!

John Crichton

First Post
I choose to celebrate Piratecat's Meat.

For playing area, I could use some battlemat space to sketch things out, but I don't need a giant surface.
This is about right for me as well. There won't be too much in the way of "tactics" for my HEX game since I'll be using the basic "arena system" from Old School Hack to really streamline combat movement.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Food-wise: Weather should be gorgeous, so on Friday I'll make slow-smoked beef brisket and pulled pork with some store-bought sides. We'll heat it up in the oven for lunch. If people throw $8 at me per person, I should more or less cover costs.

Game-wise: Sadly (it sounds wonderful!) we'll fold the Cthulhu game into other games for Saturday morning. [MENTION=16485]ShadowDenizen[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4919]Nine Hands[/MENTION], I'll slide you into Fickle's Savage Worlds game. He's a joy as a GM. It should be great fun.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Thanks, Piratecat! Much obliged! (And add me in for yummy BBQ.)

Though I'm somewhat bummed about Cthulhu, I'm pretty go with the flow, and I like Savage Worlds. (And that was probably the game I would have opted for I hadn't
offered to run!)

Myabe we'll roll out the Cthulhu wagon at some other GameDay in the future, see if we get more bites.

Seonaid

Explorer
It should be clarified that attendees are in no way obligated to partake of the delicious, delicious BBQ (more for me!). If you don't want it, don't eat it and don't pitch in the $8. :) There are, as noted above, other options.

John Crichton

First Post
Quick question for Fick, Umbran & Seonaid: You any of you have a preference to play the same character you did last time? Really just curious more than anything else.

The characters will be much more fleshed out than last time if that makes any diff.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It should be clarified that attendees are in no way obligated to partake of the delicious, delicious BBQ (more for me!). If you don't want it, don't eat it and don't pitch in the $8. :) There are, as noted above, other options.
Absolutely true.

Current menu seems to be hickory smoked beef brisket, pulled pork sliders, corn bread, chili lime corn, and potato salad. I should have enough for 15 people or so. If that's not to your taste, there's a pizza place nearby.

[MENTION=41134]Nerfwright[/MENTION], have you posted the directions?

Remove ads