Boston Game Day on 3/10/12: registration for games is open!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The March 10 Boston Gameday will be held at Nerfwright's house at 61 Alban St in Dorchester on March 10th. Please come play! Directions here.

How this works: Sign up below. There may be some jiggering to fill empty slots as we get closer to the event. There's no cost, but please bring snacks to share.

Time on March 10th: Breakfast starts at 8:30am (please bring something to share), first game is at 9:30 am - 1:30pm. Lunch from 1:30pm - 2:30pm. Afternoon slot is from 2:30pm - 6:30pm.

Location: Less than 5 minutes from the Ashmont stop on the Red Line, on-street parking is legal on Saturday. The 22 and 23 buses pass on the other side of the block. Exact address will be posted the week before the event.

EVENTS

Morning is Piratecat, Shadowdenizen, FickleGM, and Umbran. Afternoon is Qualidar, WalkingCorpse, JC and Zephrim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORNING

Piratecat -- A Confederacy of Knives (Night's Black Agents) FULL, accepting Alts

"Agents: the rendezvous location has been synced with your phone. The hotel looks beautiful, but don’t be fooled; Viktor Eschenko is one of the most deadly agents alive. He’s there for a reason. Discover his plot, neutralize him, and remember — we deny all knowledge of your identities. Don’t get caught. This briefing data will wipe in 3.. 2.. 1.."

A superspy/secret agent game in the spirit of James Bond movies everywhere. Uses the brand new GUMSHOE rules for “Night’s Black Agents.” No rules knowledge needed at all. 6 players.

1. Kitesh
2. Bruce
3. Nerfwright
4. SarahDarkmagic
5. Salad Shooter
6. WalkingCorpse

Reserve: Seonaid
Reserve: JC

[sblock=CoC game removed from schedule]
ShadowDenizen -- Adventus Regis (Part I of the “Ripples from Carcosa” trilogy, a Call of Cthulhu adventure set in the Roman Empire)

During the height of the Roman Empire, a small group of vacationing Roman citizens are about to be drawn into the web of the Mythos, and find themselves enemies of an evil intelligence that crosses millennia.

This is a Call of Cthulhu adventure using the “Cthulhu Invictus” sourcebook. This game is open and accessible to all, newbies and veterans alike. Pre-Generated characters will be provided, and there will be a brief introduction of the rules-set and important rules in advance (though the CoC rules are pretty lightweight and fairly easy to assimilate.) 6 players.

1. Nine Hands
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Reserve:
Reserve:
[/sblock]

FickleGM -- On The Rocks - Hard Liquor (Savage Worlds)

Welcome aboard the Hard Liquor. You have the honor of joining this riverboat on her maiden voyage from St. Louis to New Orleans. Why are you here? Well, you might be the captain or crew and find that it is your duty. Perhaps you are here for the $100,000 poker tournament. Maybe you are merely interested in the destination. Regardless your reasons, you are onboard the most advanced riverboat to date. Rest assured the planned excitement and entertainment will be the only happenings during this trip.

Captain Morgan - The Captain.
Tequila Rose - The Dealer
Jim Beam - The Gambler
Dr. McGillicuddy - The Doctor
Jack Daniel - The Muscle
Gin Sour - The Lady

This is an On The Rocks adventure for six players, using the Deadlands setting and the Savage Worlds system.

1. Qualidar
2. Zephrin the Lost
3. Seonaid
4. John Crichton
5. Nine Hands
6. Shadow Denizen

Reserve:
Reserve:

Umbran - Marvel Superheroes FULL, accepting Alts

Using the brand new rules from Margaret Weiss Productions (thanks, Cam!), Umbran will be running a super-powered romp through the Marvel Universe. Details to be posted shortly.

1. Orchid Blossom
2. Ao the Overkitty
3. Mr. Wright
4. PrincessKeyBlade
5. Ladysprite
6. Son of Nine Hands

Reserve: Nine Hands
Reserve:

AFTERNOON

Qualidar -- Iron Dragon Fire Under Heaven (Mutants & Masterminds)

Cham Fau is a sleepy riverside city. The rice farmers gossip about the harvest, the young new magistrate, and who has the best boat for the River Flower Festival. But you've spent the last couple of days investigating mysterious disappearances, river pirates, and secret conspiracies. Can you uncover who is behind the trouble before it's too late? It's a double helping of mystery and martial arts mayhem via Mutants and Masterminds 3e.

Cast of Characters (which we'll pick at the game):
Mok To-Bon; Hulking warrior, lazy guardsman, but you don't mess with his family's boat.
Fong Yuen; A traveling wu-jen. It's easy to be the crotchety old man when you can make things explode.
Chou Liu Pang; A dashing out-of-town noble with his family honor to protect and more than his share of secrets.
Hou Tze; How does a goofy bald teenager make his way alone in the kingdom? Guardian spirits and Mad Monkey Kung Fu!
Chu Chu Chong; You don't complain about the service when the waitress can chuck you through the wall into the next closest restaurant...
K'ai Hua Lui; This reserved beauty has spent much of her time exploring the seedy underbelly of Cham Fou since she arrived from downriver, but why?

1. Orchid Blossom
2. Kitesh
3. Ao the Overkitty
4. ShadowDenizen
5. EatsLemons
6. OPEN

Reserve:
Reserve:

WalkingCorpse -- New Warrior Titans of Gotham Serve Some Young Justice! (Marvel Super-Heroes Adventure Game (SAGA system))

Set in an alternate DCU future that also serves as the dawn of the era of Marvel heroes (i.e. crossover free for all), this game boasts mostly teen heroes.

Twenty years ago, Superman responded to an urgent distress call in the Middle East, disappearing shortly afterward. A few years later, governments around the world started cracking down on costumed heroes and metahumans. Eventually, the other heroes disappeared as well (though there are still urban legends of a certain vigilante roaming the rooftops of Gotham City). Fast-forward to present day: Accepted Students Day at Gotham University. All is calm and serene until a superhuman danger tied to a familiar past unleashes violence upon the faculty and families. Will new heroes worth marvelling at or saviors only seen in such pulp literature as detective comics step in to save the day? And what dark secret spurs it all on?

The SAGA system is pretty easy to pick up, using a FATE deck for action resolution. Each player has a hand of cards based on their experience. This hand represents both their ability to control whether they succeed in their actions and how much abuse they can take. The basics can be handled easily at the start, and the other stuff can be resolved during play.

1. Bruce
2. Nerfwright
3. Salad Shooter
4. Pistol Pete
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Reserve:
Reserve:

John Crichton -- Cowboys & Globetrotters II (Hollow Earth Expeditions) FULL, accepting Alts

My HEX game is a 1890's pulpy romp where real life and literary characters meet. Think of it like the action movie version of folks like:

- Sherlock Holmes
- John Watson
- Elizabeth Cochran
- James Butler Hickok
- Martha Jane Cannary Burke
- Herman George Wells

1. Piratecat
2. Mr. Wright
3. FickleGM
4. SarahDarkmagic
5. Umbran
6. Seonaid

Reserve: Nine Hands
Reserve:

Zephrin the Lost -- Leverage

I was inspired by this to set my Leverage game in Riverdale!

Pop's Soda Shoppe has been shut down by the bad guys- and the wrongdoing may go much deeper than that. Only Archie and his gang can provide the Leverage to make things right in Riverdale!

Archie Andrews: Mastermind
Veronica Lodge: Grifter
Betty Cooper: Hacker
Jughead Jones: Thief
Moose Mason: Hitter

Leverage is a fun, fast game that uses the Cortex System and which is based on the TBS series. Rules will be taught and fun will be had!

1. PrincessKeyBlade
2. Ladysprite
3. Son of Nine Hands
4. Nine Hands
5. Brendan

Reserve:
Reserve:

Last edited:

Kitesh

First Post
Hooray!

Sign me up for Piratecat (#1) or Umbran (#2) in the AM, and Qualidar (#1) or JC (#2) in the afternoon. Can't wait!

orchid blossom

Explorer
I love my husband so much that I'm going to game with him all day.

Umbran in the morning, and Qualidar in the afternoon please. (crossposted form CM)

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Could you kindly sign me up for the M&M game in the afternoon. (I'm running CoC for the morning shift.)

Could you sign my friend Bruce (you know him, you love him! B-)) up for the Night Black Agents game in the AM, and the Marvel SuperHeroes game in the pm?

As always, thanks for organizing things, and thanks to Nerfwright for hosting.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Nerfwright

Explorer
Nerfwright: AM PirateCat's Night's Black Agents
PM WalkingCorpse's New Warrior - Young Justice

Mr. Wright AM Umbran's Marel Superheros
PM John Crichton's Cowboys and Globetrotters

Thanks for spinning all this up, folks! We can't wait to see you-all again!

N.W. and Mr. W.

Remove ads