• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Boston Gameday Aug 22nd, 2009 (logistics and directions linked from 1st post)

Qualidar

First Post
First off, Silvermoon, either of those sounds awesome, although I personally would favor the Superhero one more.

Secondly, here is my game:

OPERATION: NO SECRETS

In the year 2047 six superpowers scramble after the Earth's rapidly diminishing resources. When well-protected scientists from all sides start turning up dead or missing, it becomes apparent that someone's up to no good. Can the UN International Strike Force uncover the spider at the center of this web before it's too late? Join us in an explosive world-spanning True20 adventure that's one part Cyberpunk, one part James Bond. and two parts GI Joe.

The Characters:
Dragon – Crossbow wielding seductress and super-spy
Racetrack – She's addicted to adrenaline and wired for speed
Feedback – Computer savant with a horde of drones at his command
Hotshot – He's a two fisted master of gun-fu
Asp – Silent killer and expert swordwoman
Brickhouse – He's the big, bad, heavy weapons expert. Got a problem with that?!?

Warehouse23

First Post
Not Antarctica this time?

Slacker.

Only just barely--I'll be heading west to Oregon later that week to start a new two-year gig that will keep me heading back to the Ice! (I wonder if Portland Game Days are anywhere near as much fun as Boston's). Which is to say, good timing!

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Blurbs for the games I'm trying to decide betwen running. I'm most likely to go with Star Wars, but I'd love to try out Dread from a GMing perspective.

Star Wars: Ewoks Unleashed (Star Wars: Saga Edition)
It is a dark time for Bright Tree Village. Though the village's Sunstone was retrieved from the evil Imperial scientist Raygar, the Empire has since established a presence on Endor. As the Imperial Scouts and their bases get closer and closer, it seems that it might be up to Wicket, Princess Kneesaa, Teebo and their friends to save the village from these seemingly invincible foes.

Infinite Calvinball Crisis (Monsters and Other Childish Things)
Calvin's latest creation, The Dimensional Combobulator, has gone haywire and there are Calvins everywhere. There is no time to waste blaming each other for this mess (like that'd stop them). Watch out as the Villainess Mom-Lady, Weirdos From Another Planet, and many more invade Calvin's house and hometown.

The Mines of Asteroid XT321 (Dread)
Alright CaNaRieS, listen up! We've lost contact with the mining colony on X321. It's probably just a broken relay, but since you lazy gits haven't accounted for all off the escape pods from TK-427 yet, we're not taking any chances. Get in, assess the situation, neutralize any threat, rescue anyone that needs it, and call for extraction. Should be a milk run.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Tally at least one of us to be there. Since I went last year, I hope to convince Player2 to go this year - if not both of us!

If it winds up being me, and if we need another game, I'll run something I've always wanted to, but never have - and would be perfect for a game in this house: Baron Munchausen.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Oh, fantastic! This is shaping up to be really fun.

I remember the first one of these; we had fewer people. I think we managed a four-person game of Paranoia. :)

Gospog

First Post
I remember the first one of these; we had fewer people. I think we managed a four-person game of Paranoia.

I thought there were eight of us and we did Feng Shui?

Hmmm, maybe I missed the first one?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You're right; I'm thinking of the second or third. The third, almost certainly, because I think we fielded two tables at the second!

Gospog

First Post
Now that was a very fun game! I remember creating an EnWorld account just so I could attend.

I hopped from Forum to Forum, posting things like "Yeah, dwarves are great!" just so I'd have a few posts under my belt.

:p

HandofMystra

First Post
Wow, I was just looking for an excuse to go up to the Boston area. How close are you to Watertown? Will you be expecting the Grandma rule to apply (I want to bring my 13 year old son who has been playing D&D since age 9)

Remove ads