Boston Gameday: October 2nd!

This is cross-posted from CM: Boston Gameday (a/k/a Barsoomcon 2): October 2nd ! - Circvs Maximvs

Barsoomcore is coming to town! Time for a gameday! We'll have one at Piratecat's T-accessible house in Newton on October 2, 2010. Please sign up here if you want to run a game. We can accommodate 4-5 games at once (game room / library / dining room / living room / back porch) (It's October....so weather permitting), so we'll need up to 8-10 games depending on how many players we get.

Directions can be found here!

There will be two gaming slots. One in the Morning and one in the Afternoon/Evening. I will update this thread as we get games.

Breakfast: 8:30 - 9:30 am.
Morning game: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm.
Lunch: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm.
Afternoon: 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm.
Then people figure out dinner, as needed.​
For those coming into Boston early, plans are in the works for a Friday Meet-Up

Please post if you're interested in attending (and then stick it on your calendar!), and definitely post if you're willing to GM.

MORNING GAMES

Game 1: Alma Mater (Dresden Files) - Rodrigo Istalindir
FULL ACCEPTING ALTS

In fancy now, beneath the twilight gloom,
Come, let me lead thee o'er this "second Rome!"
Where tribunes rule, where dusky Davi bow,
And what was Goose-Creek once is Tiber now:
This embryo capital, where Fancy sees
Squares in morasses, obelisks in trees;
Which second-sighted seers, even now, adorn
With shrines unbuilt and heroes yet unborn.

Folklore has it that the Pierre L'Enfante, a Freemason, designed the city of Washington, D.C. around a series of Satanic symbols to assure the dominance of the New World Order. It's the granddaddy of conspiracy theories, and like most, contains a kernel of truth.

In reality, the Freemasons were puppets of the White Council, that august body of wizards tasked with keeping humanity safe from the things that lurk in the shadows. They recognized the role the nascent capital would play in the decades to come, and wove arcane protections into everything from the city streets to the oaths of office.

Today, the White Council's protections keep the vampire courts and the Nevernever factions from exercising direct control, but immortality has taught them patience, and they've had more than enough time to infiltrate the corridors of power. A supernatural Cold War exists between the Vampire Courts and the Nevernever, with the unsuspecting humans mere proxies in the struggle.

A cryptic note has called you back to the city, to the grounds of your alma mater, Georgetown University.

(Pregens provided, but I'd like to engage the players ahead of time via email or chat in rounding out the connections between them.)

1. GlassJaw
2. Ericpat
3. Dantilla
4. Tharian
5. ShadowDenizen

Alt 1: Bruce Kwartler
Alt 2:

Game 2: DINO-PIRATES game -- as yet untitled - Barsoomcore FULL ACCEPTING ALTS

To be considered as a player for this game, you must submit an element to the DPONI world:

Okay, so I want to run an all-new DPoNI game. And I want you folks to help create it. Mostly cause I'm lazy, but also cause it sounds like a fun challenge.

So I hereby swear that the game I run at BarsoomCon 2010 will include any and all contributions made to the DPoNI setting by BarsoomCon attendees between now and then.

DINO-PIRATES OF NINJA ISLAND: The Setting!

Create an island? I'll use it. An NPC? They'll show up. Magic item? It's in there. Whatever you dream up, I'll use.

On the one hand, this is indeed a ploy to get some content onto the site. But I love this sort of collaborative thing, and I know you lot will come up with fun stuff. I am so excited about this!

1. Piratecat
2. Princesskeyblade
3. JC
4. Nerfwright
5. Zephrin the Lost
6. Orchid Blossom
7. Player 2

Alternate 1:
Alternate 2:
Alternate 3:

Game 3: On the Rocks: Off the Wagon- Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition - FickleGM FULL ACCEPTING ALTS

It was a simple mission...just fly the package from Nexus to Misthaven...or so the crew of the Hard Liquor was led to believe. One encounter with sky pirates later and they have a hole in their hull, their steam engine is damaged and the package was last seen plummeting into the mists below. At least they repelled the pirates...

Their employer isn't the sort to tolerate failure, so it is up to Captain Morgan and his hard luck crew to brave the mists and recover the package. They will need more than luck to avoid mist demons, sky pirates and Nexian Imperials; let alone to locate the package, retrieve it and deliver it to its destination.

Join the crew of the Hard Liquor in this Steampunk adventure utilizing the Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition rules.

Player 1: Seonaid (on CM)
Player 2: Ao (on CM)
Player 3: Kitesh (on CM)
Player 4: Pseudonym (on ENW)
Player 5: Qualidar (on ENW)
Player 6: WalkingCorpse
Player 7: prosfilaes

Alt 1: <open>
Alt 2: <open>
Alt 3: <open>

Game 4: OPEN

AFTERNOON GAMES

Game 1: Separation Anxiety, a game of horror for seven players using the Dread (Jenga) system. - Piratecat - FULL ACCEPTING ALTS

Sometimes the best group therapy involves millions of viewers! Tune in to the hit reality TV show Separation Anxiety, where unsteady couples work out their marital problems in prime time. You're one of the final four couples on the show and you're reaching for the half million in prizes. The challenges are getting harder. Can you go the distance -- with or without your spouse?

No rules knowledge needed. The "reserved" slots may disappear, so check back. If you're someone who is uncomfortable playing a PC of the opposite gender, please let me know.

1. Epidiah Ravachol
2. JC
3. Kitesh
4. Barsoomcore
5. Mrs. B
6. Seonaid
7. Emily

Alternate 1: Rodrigo
Alternate 2: Ericpat
Alternate 3:

Game 2: Crisis... Just Crisis! - DC Adventures - Princesskeyblade - FULL ACCEPTING ALTS

Infinite Crisis... Final Crisis.... Crisis on two worlds... It seems like everyone is having a crisis lately and the League of Assassins lead by Talia and Ra's Al Ghoul want to end everyone's suffering.... by taking over the world and becoming supreme overlords... with the help of some good friends of course.

Can Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter save the day? Tune in to find out.... Same Bat time, same Bat gameday!

1. FickleGM
2. Pseudonym
3. Silvermoon Junior
4. WalkingCorpse
5. GlassJaw
6. Qualidar
7. Orchid Blossom

Alternate 1: Sir Osis of Liver
Alternate 2: Player 2
Alternate 3:

Game 3: 'The Seven Crypts of the Keepers' - 4e - Planescape game Zephrin the Lost

Once a year in The Hellgate Neighborhood of Sigil's Lower Ward, a strange door appears set in the doorway of a common house. This door leads to The Seven Vaults - a series of portals credited to the mysterious Keepers, but no one can truly say who first plumbed this nightmare passage. This door exists in Sigil for a only a few hours—and it leads to a special place near the heart of The Plain of Sighing Stones, the largest desert of the Shadowfell.

A cave in this desert holds a spring that seeps silver water, called 'Tears of the Raven Queen' If you peer into the water and concentrate, you can recall one soul from beyond death- a loved one, a comrade, a sibling, even an enemy you want to punish further. Getting through the Vaults is the surest way to find this hidden spring, and all your PC's want very much to find it. The Vaults were built to allow passage, but also to keep the wrong cutters out. Each Vault is a puzzle, and if you fail to solve it swiftly, you will end in this terrible halfway place, where even the Powers won’t know where to look for you.

This is a thinking person’s adventure, and if you come expecting to hack and slay, you may be unhappy, except for when hacking and slaying are called for

Please bring a 3rd level pc, any non-Dark Sun race & class, standard point buy, 1 fourth level magic item, 1 third and 1 second, as well as a reasonable amount of non-magic equipment and gear.

1. Tharian
2. AO the Overkitty
3. ShadowDenizen
4. prosfilaes
5. Bruce Kwartler

Alternate 1:
Alternate 2:
Alternate 3:

Game 4:

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm looking forward to this tremendously! Barsoomcore and his wife from Toronto, Rodrigo from DC, JC and Seonaid from CT.. plus all our locals. Should be fun.

And I turned in my Dino-pirates island!

Last edited:

ericpat

First Post
All right! I can make this one.

Please sign me up for:

MORNING GAMES

Game 1: Alma Mater (Dresden Files) - Rodrigo Istalindir

AFTERNOON GAMES

Game 1: Separation Anxiety, a game of horror for seven players using the Dread (Jenga) system. - Piratecat - FULL ACCEPTING ALTS

Thanks!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Eric, since the Dread game is full with one alt already, feel free to sign up for a second afternoon game when you find one you like. If I can fit you in the Dread game, we can just readjust.

I just realized that Separation anxiety is three couples and a 7th player. That's perfect!

Nerfwright

Explorer
Crawling out from under my rock...

Thanks to PirateCat for drawing me out for this. Please sign me up for a slot in the Dino-Pirates game, and I'll start writing for Barsoomcore...

I'll also see if Mr. Nerfwright is interested in the gameday too.

(It's nice to be back, too!)

NW

Thanks to PirateCat for drawing me out for this. Please sign me up for a slot in the Dino-Pirates game, and I'll start writing for Barsoomcore...

I'll also see if Mr. Nerfwright is interested in the gameday too.

(It's nice to be back, too!)

NW

Hey!!! We have missed you! Do you have a preference for the afternoon slot?

Remove ads