Bother Around Beregost

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Then thank the Everwatchful, Brunna, because he will unhinder your step" with this, Neraw lodges his sword on the ground and kneels, reaching out for the bandage while rising a prayer to Helm, a bluish light covers his hands and is applied to Brunna's leg...

He stands back up and says: "Now we can move on"

OOC: Cure Minor Wounds, as many times as it is needed

industrygothica

Adventurer
Korik, torn between leaving and staying to finish the fight, follows the gnoll to wherever he leads them. He constantly looks back over his shoulder for anything following.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Neraw expends the Everwatchful's power to heal the wounded gnoll's leg and Brunnea bows his head silently, "We should be going then, this way," another howl cuts through the woods behind you, "And quickly if we do not wish to meet that."

There follows about two hours of hustling through the somewhat damp woodland with the worg and goblins dogging your heels. You are sweaty, wet and occassionally lashed with thorns and low branches - but otherwise okay, though a bit tired.

The four of you can see the upper levels of Thalantyr's tower, High Hedge, poking out of the trees a couple of hundred yards ahead of you. You guess that it's about 6 or 7 storeys high and, as wizards towers go, fairly plain and unremarkable - by which I mean it doesn't have any implausibly tall and slender turrets that would only hold a sprial staircase or a plethroa of redundant flying butresses. In fact it's made of plain grey stone and has a falt roof.

Bunnea stops at the bank of a small brook that crosses your path, "Once we cross this stream we are in the wizard's territory. Neither goblin nor gnoll can cross on pain of death, that was about the only real command he's ever given us."

OOC:
[sblock]
One use of Cure Minor Wounds
Everyone takes 1 point of non-lethal damage and is fatigued.
[/sblock]

Wilphe

Adventurer
Brunnea looks at Korik, not quite understanding, "But you are invited yes? You may cross anyway. Do not over trouble yourself with my fate. I can slip away," he sees a likely looking overhanging sapling and pulls it out from the bank, then quickly and methodically strips its leaves and branches and hacks the end into a sharp point, "Or not as the case might be."

Land Outcast

Explorer
"I go then, hope to see you again Brunnea" Neraw somehow shrugs at Korik's attitude, but continues his travel towards the tower

Halfway to the door, he turns around to see if Korik is still thenre, and asks"You'll coming after I speak with the wizard, right?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Land Outcast said:
"I go then, hope to see you again Brunnea" Neraw somehow shrugs at Korik's attitude, but continues his travel towards the tower

Halfway to the door, he turns around to see if Korik is still thenre, and asks"You'll coming after I speak with the wizard, right?"

"No, no.. I'm coming with you now."

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Farewell then and good luck," the cry of a worg sounds in the distance. Brunnea replies with a defeaning growling screach of his own. After a few moments there are more, similar cries in the distance. "Now we will have fine sport," he strips off the rag he is clad in, and throws it over to your bank of the river.

"Good bye humans," the gnoll jumps into the brook and heads downstream, presumably trying to put the worg off his scent whilst seeking his fellows.

[sblock]
Assuming you push on:
[/sblock]

Carrying on across the stream towards the tower you find out why the place is called High Hedge. A thick and impenetrable hedge of Holly the stands about 15 feet high runs around the base of the tower as far as you can see in either direction. Though admittedly, "as far as you can see", isn't very far in these woods.

Remove ads