Bother Around Beregost

industrygothica

Adventurer
Korik thinks for a moment, trying to remember exactly why he is here. Then he remembers, vaguely. "A man in Beregost," he says, somewhat tentatively "Said you may be needing someone for a job of sorts."

ooc: Honestly, Korik isn't the only one having trouble remmebering exactly why he's made this journey. :heh:

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Melicamp I presume? I told him to go to Baldur's Gate and not settle for the first bar flies he found in Beregost. Never mind, you made it here, which suggests you have something about you. Come up please, oh, sorry, step on the carpet first, thank you. Sulfame "

As you stand in the middle of the rug it rises up past the arches and through a small hole in the ceiling. You are now in a smaller and much more comfortable reception area with a roaring, and apparently real fire and several over-stuffed couches and chairs. Thalantyr himself is waiting for you, sitting behind a plain, but well polished desk. "Won't you sit down please. I am Thalantyr, welcome to my home. You would be?"

"I have need of some adventueres to investigate some anomolous occurances in the Cloakwood. I don't need whatever it is stopped, just scouted."

OOC:
All Melicamp said was that his master needed adventurers for an expedition to the Cloakwood

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2825186&postcount=1

industrygothica

Adventurer
Wilphe said:
"I have need of some adventueres to investigate some anomolous occurances in the Cloakwood. I don't need whatever it is stopped, just scouted."

"Yes," Korik says. "I can scout. I can stop too, but not if you say no." Korik looks around the room a bit, specifically at the over-stuffed furniture. "Need rest before anything though. Long day, lots of goblins. And Grim is hungry."

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
OOC: [sblock]Very sorry, been very busy and done about 10 days of 12 hour shifts, hope to get things back on track now[/sblock]

IC:
"The goblins are a necessary evil, they ensure that the only people who come and bother me are the ones worth bothering with. I don't protect them, but I do tolerate them so long as they leave me and my servants alone. I'm not Beregost's village wizard, I'm prefer pure and uniterupted research. However I have some obligations to fulfil and I will admit that my curiousity is piqued by these phenomena."

"It also serves a purpose in getting a restless apprentice out of my hair and allows him to slake his desires in the fleshpots of Baldur's Gate. I'm afraid Melicamp has not yet developed self-mastery. In any case, you are tired, hungry and wounded. I can do little about the latter, but a lot about the first twoo. I'll arrange my maid to draw you a bath and prepare a guest bedroom, we can then discuss our business over dinner."

You are apparently dismissed. Unless Korik has any questions, I'll move on to Dinner

Wilphe

Adventurer
Dinner with Thalantyr is an understated occasion, he appears to drink only milk and water and eats a thin vegetable soup (apparently without meat stock) and a few poached eggs. Korik gets a roast chicken and the same soup, Grim is fed and washed, if he desires it and sits at Korik's feat with a sheep bone.

"Well, Koirk, I hope you have settled in, perhaps I should better express what is required of you. As you are aware the Cloakwood lies the north of here between us and Baldur's Gate. In so far as the woods of Toril go it's quite quiet, almost benign even. There are goblinoids and bandits in the fringes, deeper inside the wood is the domain of ettercarps, spiders and the ilk. Mostly they seem to content to stay within the wood and leave outsiders alone unless they intrude."

"This very rarely happens as there is no history or rumours of great treasure in the wood, no lost cities, no fallen elven realms, nothing like that at all. It's just a wood. There's a few druid circles and a flooded dwarven iron mine. That's it. No real reports of any drow interest in the area either, which is suprising for a wood full of arachnids."

"Anyway, there is now something going on and I am under an obligation to find out what it is. There is some sort of sinister mist or darkness reported in the wood. Not a natural fog, of which the Wood is well provided under the right conditions. I am asking you to penetrate into the Cloakwood and scout out the situation."

industrygothica

Adventurer
"You want me to scout a fog?" Korik asks stupidly. Tearing a hunk out of the chicken, he continues. "Sounds easy enough. How long you wish for me to scout?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Well a mysterious and possibly magical fog in the middle of a wood full of spiders. But I'm not going to hype it up for you, I know it's not the most epic thing anyone's ever been asked to do, but I'm not the sort of wizard who needs the Amulet of K'Treng recovered from the hoard of the Ochre Dragon Grizelabad."

"Melicamp will take a few days to recah Baldurs Gate, spend a few days drinking and whoring in various festhalls whilst pretending he's looking for adventurers, another few days actually finding them and then another few days to head back here. So I expect him back in a tenday to a fortnight. You reckon you could be back by then?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
"The Cloakwood begins just north of the road you took to get here, but to get to the areas of interest I'd reckon two to three days or so? Not that I do a lot of walking in the wilderness you understand. Of course I don't really know what the areas of interest are, but I know that they aren't right next to me and that it would take maybe four or five days to walk right though to the far edge of the wood. How you go about this is up to you, even if you find nothing I will know where not to look and that will help narrow the search."

"I can give you directions to one of the stone circles, perhaps two days travel for such as yourself, I have an assocate there who can give you more up to date information on the situation. Of course I shall provide sustenance for the trip, iss there anything else I can do to aid you?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases