Bother Around Beregost

Wilphe

Adventurer
"That would be satisfactory, you will of course rest here tonight as my guest. What sort of compensation package were you looking for?"

OOC:
[sblock]
200 + 500 + 600 = 1300 XP for your efforts so far, if you wish you can level up over the night, or leave until you get back to civilsation. Your call.

In theory that makes you "due" some treasure, and you haven't negotiated any payment with Melicamp, yet.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Compensation? Hmm... haven't thought of that. I have enough gold for now, more would weigh too much." Korik ponders the situation a little more, the thought obviously causing him great discomfort. "I don't know," he finally says. "What do you think?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
"My apologies, I am used to dealing with self-centred mercenaries. All things being equal I am happy to pay you in magic for your time, I'll give you a healing wand before you go. We can discuss the rest of your renumeration when you return. Would that be satisfactory?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Wilphe said:
"My apologies, I am used to dealing with self-centred mercenaries. All things being equal I am happy to pay you in magic for your time, I'll give you a healing wand before you go. We can discuss the rest of your renumeration when you return. Would that be satisfactory?"

"Yes." Korik will rest, take the wand, and leave as soon as possible.

Wilphe

Adventurer
It rains overnight, but long since stopped by the time Korik and Grim awake and the sun is shining through. Thalantyr is nowhere to be seen, but a supply of rations and an ornately carved Wand of Cure Light Wounds can be found outside your door along with a note:
"Sorry, Wiazrd business. Please let yourself out"

Outside the tower the animals ignore you both, again and the hedge bends open as you approach. There is no sign or sound of either goblin or gnoll in the surronding woods as the intrepid duo pick up the track.

OOC:
Which way? North I guess, but anything specific, or is he just walking normally?
[sblock]You've both been fully healed[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Korik will head north at a quick pace, but not so fast as to tire himself out too quickly.

ooc: I'll level up in a day or so, when I have time. Knowing there are spiders and such in the woods, Korik will take vermin as his second favored enemy, with an additional +2 bonus against goblinoids, if that is acceptable.

Wilphe

Adventurer
As Korik heads north he sees plenty of signs that there has been a skirmish or two littered about the path. Broken arrows here, shattered weapons, trampled undergrowth and the occassional splash of blood. All signs point to a running battle between goblins and gnolls, but there's no corpses to be seen and no real clue as to who won.

No one interferes with Korik and he doesn't see another living soul as he heads back to the main road to Candlekeep and then strikes out north through the scrubland towards the Cloakwood. Lunch is taken shortly after midday, by the banks of a small stream that meanders in a generally south westerly direction across his path. Just as he finishes he hears somekind of disturbance to the north, some sort of animal or group thereof is coming his way, and not quietly or slowly either.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Korik will attempt to hide out of sight of whatever is coming his way. He'll use the stream to throw off his scent if it is neccessary. Whatever the case, he'll remain in a position so that he can see whatever it is coming.

Wilphe

Adventurer
The half-orc slips quietly into the bushes by the side of the stream and downwind of the crossing. He does not have long to wait, the grunts and snorts grow larger and a mixed herd of animals - mostly boar and badgers - comes into view, moving southwards in a state of considerable agitation. Adults, juveniles and young all mixed up together without any apparent family groups.

The leading animals plunge through the stream and look to head the way Korik has come, they either do not notice him or do not care. A very loud squealing sound comes from the other side of the stream, something has been caught and is battling for its life.

Remove ads