Broken Weave Is A Tragic Fantasy Setting From Cubicle 7

Cubicle 7 has announced a brand new setting called Broken Weave, slated for 2023. It's described as a 'tragic fantasy setting' where the weave of magic is broken, the gods are dead, and the lands are shattered. There's no mention yet of a game system. [Update -- Alex Clippinger, one of the designers, said on Twitter that they "ripped by the [D&D 5E] system in really bonkers ways while doing...

Cubicle 7 has announced a brand new setting called Broken Weave, slated for 2023. It's described as a 'tragic fantasy setting' where the weave of magic is broken, the gods are dead, and the lands are shattered. There's no mention yet of a game system.

[Update -- Alex Clippinger, one of the designers, said on Twitter that they "ripped by the [D&D 5E] system in really bonkers ways while doing it"].

Antler_City_cV2-1024x492.jpg

The weave of magic is broken. The gods are dead, the lands are shattered, and the world has begun to forget what it once was. Time and distance have lost their meaning, the knowledge of how things once were drifts away like smoke, and those who remain struggle to live in a shattered world.

But all is not lost. Community, hope, and trust in one another can remake the world. Walking the old forgotten paths gives them permanence, fractured artefacts from before spark memories of what once was, and communities gather to create a new way of life.

BW_CB_0335_Crafting-05-1024x492.jpg

I can't post the link right now, but the official announcement on Twitter by C7 includes the DND5E hashtag, so I don't see how there was a doubt. Now, like with other games of theirs, they may be doing both a 5E version and an in-house version.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
What " adventures" do the PCs do I wonder?
Speaking from complete ignorance outside of reading the blurbs and seeing the images, I'd imagine probably similar things to what Gamma World PCs do. Or Mutant: Year Zero adventurers. Once you get to "post-apocalypse" in your setting the adventures mostly become about survival, exploring the past, and protecting communities from raiders (so you know - old school D&D type stuff).

Remove ads

Remove ads