D&D 5E Brownies as halflings......

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Given as brownies have been dropped from 5e....and I recalled from AD&D 1e they were described as "possibly part halfling part pixie" - decided to use the name a subrace of brown-skinned halflings...except maybe the name sounds lame....just spitballing here on names and stats....

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I think the 'part halfling part pixie' thing is dumb, personally. They're fey house spirits, they don't need to be part X or part Y, they're just, fey. You could look at the more Scottish Gaelic variants of the name to change it (IE: brùnaidh), but if I was going to base it off anything I'd be looking at the faerie race as a starting point, or a pixie race to be Tiny..

So going on from there, I'd look at what people have done for pixies and start there as a starting point as they'd be the most common thing for 'Tiny playable race', remove flying, replace with stuff for being sneaky/hard to find per their mythology

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Yeah I think the 'part halfling part pixie' was 1e - before Fey had really been nutted out as a thing. Yeah the idea of parkouring pixies comes to mind...

Lyxen

Great Old One
In our greatest 3e multi-DMs campaign, I had an NPC brownie named Timmo, who was really important, a self-important guardian to a tumulus filled with various fey horrors that, of couse, the PCs absolutely had to explore. Poor Timmo really was always afraid and in over his head... :D

Remove ads