• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Build me a fighter worthy of glorious death!

moritheil

First Post
Caeleddin said:
You should see me talk about Tolkien, then.

The difficulty of seeing one talk without some sort of hallucinogen aside, I still don't see how this is relevant.

Am I supposed to infer that you don't like certain works of writing and you don't think they're realistic, and that is why you refuse to consider them as source material? Furthermore, does this help cement your world as a place wherein one fighter cannot take on 50 enemies? If you want to say this, you can just spell it out without throwing out bizzare, unconnected statements about your personal preferences that people have to interpret.

As it stands, I cannot tell if your hatred for certain viewpoints is the overriding issue, if a strict adherence to source material is the cause of your conclusions, or if something else is your first principle.

Perhaps, of course, you are set in your ways and don't want anyone to argue any of it with you, so you've been attempting to be deliberately vague. In that case, I commend you on your execution.

Caeleddin

First Post
He stumbled on a pet peeve of mine. Is that clear enough for you?

The Bible is NOT an epic. It is NOT a great legend. It is NOT a great myth. Whatever else it IS is irrelevant. To put it in the same breath as King Arthur, Beowulf, Siegfried and Brunhilde, Gilgamesh and Enkidu, even Hercules, ticks me off.

Tolkien also ticks me off because his "great" work is a mismatch of many legends, the majority of which is Beowulf. His languages are stolen from Scandinavian and Old Saxon languages.

Understand now?

Rackhir

Explorer
Caeleddin said:

The Bible is NOT an epic. It is NOT a great legend. It is NOT a great myth. Whatever else it IS is irrelevant. To put it in the same breath as King Arthur, Beowulf, Siegfried and Brunhilde, Gilgamesh and Enkidu, even Hercules, ticks me off.

Tolkien also ticks me off because his "great" work is a mismatch of many legends, the majority of which is Beowulf. His languages are stolen from Scandinavian and Old Saxon languages.

Understand now?

Look people. He's trolling. Just ignore him and he'll go away. By responding you are only encouraging him.

moritheil

First Post
Caeleddin said:

Understand now?

I understand that you are clearly stating you wish to continue to talk about your own, irrelevant interests in an unrelated topic to the detriment of discussion on the boards.

I further understand that you deliberately chose to insult controversial literature, and literature that many people on the boards doubtless like. There can be no reason for this other than to provoke flames.

Or is it that because something is your pet peeve, you feel that any mention of it automatically grants you the right to completely ignore the topic at hand, as well as consideration for everyone else reading, to rail about it?

Hyp, Planesailing, Darkness? Any of you reading this?

Remove ads