Building a Mountain Dwarf Wizard with Int 8. Advice needed

briggart

Adventurer
However, such characters can never multiclass until they increase their natural Intelligence to a min 13 (headband of intellect is insufficient in AL to qualify for multiclassing).

Can you please point me to the relevant AL guidance for that? I could not find it either in the AL Player's Guide or FAQ.

kalani

First Post
I am a former Regional Coordinator. While the FAQ has been streamlined since season 5, thanks largely in part to an overhaul I wrote myself (as I was in charge of maintaining FAQ in seasons 2-4 and worked with the admins during season 4 to condense, consolidate, and rewrite the existing FAQ for ease of use) - there are also numerous admin quotes that clarify specific details.

The admins have stated on numerous occasions that magic items do not meet the requirements for multiclassing. This is to prevent exploitation of the rules by using say a headband of intellect in order to qualify for multiclassing, take their first level in Wizard, and then trading the headband after meeting the requirements. This is true once you consider the fact that in AL - a character only seems to need to meet the requirements for a class (or multiclass) at the time they take their first level.

For example - A Bladesinger or Battlerager who is reincarnated into a non-elf or non-dwarf can continue advancing in the bladesinger/battlerager class. The same holds true if your Intelligence drops below 13 after multiclassing as Wizard (although I know of no permanent reductions in stats at this time; as all such reductions I am aware of can be cured with a greater restoration)

This

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases