Bunch of new smilies & thread prefix icons

Morrus, I don't like the new thread smilies. They "litter" the forum thread titles, making it hard for me to pick out the threads I want to read. :(

Thanks!
--CB

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I'm just making 'em quickly in MS Paint. Not worrying about it for the moment, but once the system's fully set up and the final set of icons has been decided, graphics-oriented folks are welcome to take a stab at improving them.

Put me down for disliking the new Icons. The various colors clash with the nice black/yellow/gold scheme of the forums. I like tags, but preferred the text style that we had before.

Edit: I do like the sort feature the Icons have added. I just dislike the multi-colored mess they have turned the forum listings into.

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I don't think it's a bad idea. In fact, I think it's an excellent idea.

But as they are right now they really take too much attention to themselves, and the boards are hard to read.

I'm using the default dark background and the icons are way too bright, especially the ones with a white background. I think drothgery's idea of having them with transparent background would improve them a great deal.

(And maybe an option to view them as plain text for those who dislike them.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Castles & Crusades

Attachments

• cnc_logo_sm.png
    cnc_logo_sm.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

mudbunny

Community Supporter
As opposed to DDI Character Builder, how about just DDI, what with the VT in closed (no NDA) beta and us supposed to be getting an online L1-10 MB beta as well this month.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Would like to see PathFinder Society logo.

But this is the smallest i can find can some resize it for me, please.

Thanks in advance.

HM

Attachments

• thumb_10517982.jpeg
    thumb_10517982.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 134

Remove ads