D&D 5E Bundle of Holding Offers The Entire 750+ Page War of the Burning Sky 5E Adventure Path For Under $20!

This all-new Burning Sky deal from Bundle of Holding presents War of the Burning Sky, EN Publishing's monumental 12-part, 761-page tabletop roleplaying campaign for Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition set in a world at war. After would-be conquerers bring the world to the brink of annihilation, your heroes lead armies into battle, influence great events, and ultimately decide who will rule...

This all-new Burning Sky deal from Bundle of Holding presents War of the Burning Sky, EN Publishing's monumental 12-part, 761-page tabletop roleplaying campaign for Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition set in a world at war. After would-be conquerers bring the world to the brink of annihilation, your heroes lead armies into battle, influence great events, and ultimately decide who will rule: perhaps an ally, or themselves, or mere anarchy. On an epic path from 3rd to 20th level, they can lead the world into a golden age, or let it be scorched under a rain of fire.

ragesian-castle_1200x1200-433601808.jpg

For just $17.95 you get all fourteen titles in the Burning Sky Collection (retail value $119) as DRM-free ebooks, including the War of the Burning Sky 5E Player's Guide and 5E Campaign Guide along with all 12 installments of the complete 5E adventure path. A few of the situations your player characters will face:
  • Fight the living incarnation of an eternal forest fire.
  • Battle a cell of magical spies while a hurricane rages around them.
  • Carry out military operations ranging from infantry maneuvers and spying to cavalry charges and tactical strike missions.
  • Adventure through the memories of an enemy ruler to learn her secrets.
  • Defend against a battalion of soldiers mounted on war mammoths and their frost giant allies in an arctic waste in order to protect a vital teleportation circle.
  • Engage in street-to-street fighting in an occupied metropolis, led by a traitor toward a trap that will destroy the entire city.
  • Get their hands on an artifact and actually use it to turn the tide of the war.

e3688f419f083a0e4e86095f60120671-876578159.jpg

pukunui

Legend
Yep, it is sixteen years old, and our budget was way less back then. The Morrus thing was me being cheeky, and Russ actually wasn't really a fan, but by the time he saw it we'd already gotten several adventures deep.

There is a lot I'd do differently if I were making a war campaign today certainly (and over at the EN Publishing forumi have a thread with advice to update the weakest adventure in the series), but I'm still proud of it for having a strong narrative throughline with a memorable archvillain, many cool action scenes, and plenty of opportunities for the PCs to be big damn heroes making a mark on the world.
Fair enough. Is there a pronunciation guide anywhere?

Thoth11

Explorer
This all-new Burning Sky deal from Bundle of Holding presents War of the Burning Sky, EN Publishing's monumental 12-part, 761-page tabletop roleplaying campaign for Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition set in a world at war. After would-be conquerers bring the world to the brink of annihilation, your heroes lead armies into battle, influence great events, and ultimately decide who will rule: perhaps an ally, or themselves, or mere anarchy. On an epic path from 3rd to 20th level, they can lead the world into a golden age, or let it be scorched under a rain of fire.

For just $17.95 you get all fourteen titles in the Burning Sky Collection (retail value $119) as DRM-free ebooks, including the War of the Burning Sky 5E Player's Guide and 5E Campaign Guide along with all 12 installments of the complete 5E adventure path. A few of the situations your player characters will face:
  • Fight the living incarnation of an eternal forest fire.
  • Battle a cell of magical spies while a hurricane rages around them.
  • Carry out military operations ranging from infantry maneuvers and spying to cavalry charges and tactical strike missions.
  • Adventure through the memories of an enemy ruler to learn her secrets.
  • Defend against a battalion of soldiers mounted on war mammoths and their frost giant allies in an arctic waste in order to protect a vital teleportation circle.
  • Engage in street-to-street fighting in an occupied metropolis, led by a traitor toward a trap that will destroy the entire city.
  • Get their hands on an artifact and actually use it to turn the tide of the war.
Looks very cool.

but I'm still proud of it for having a strong narrative throughline with a memorable archvillain, many cool action scenes, and plenty of opportunities for the PCs to be big damn heroes making a mark on the world.
And you really should! The few recent WoTC adventures I tried have a lot of polish on the graphic side, but pretty much all the rest feels quite generic and shallow to me.

I couldn't miss the opportunity to buy WoTBS again, this time for 5e.
The first one I got from the Rebuilding Enworld Kickstarter, way back, and was for 3.5. We played it until more than halfway but using the alternative Trailblazer ruleset (which was AWESOME), and we really did have a blast!
It's a shame we didn't manage to finish it, life got in the way, but some of us would really like to restart it, maybe using LU!

Obviously I got the bundle, it's way too good a deal not to (this is like the 3rd or 4th time I'm getting it, once even as PoD). Are those PDFs in any way different from what is up on DriveThru currently? Any changes, updates, fixes?

Remove ads

Remove ads