• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Busy, busy, busy

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm not meaning to ignore you guys, but things have gotten really busy this week.

I'll try to update some of the threads later today.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Figured something like that must have happened. Understandable... I should be busy myself. :heh:

When you get a chance, do you mind adding "Save the Realms" to your sig for me? :mad:

freyar

Well, the new GHotR has gods killing gods, including Mystra, which unleashes the spellplague, unleashing all kinds of havoc. This is probably just on scale with the "Time of Troubles" from the 1e/2e conversion. However, there's a preview chapter of Salvatore's new book. This chapter is a "flash-forward" to 1485 or so, in which Drizz't reveals that the Shades :)p) have reformed Netheril, most of civilization has collapsed outside of the Silver Marches area, the benevolent gods are in hiding or something, "two worlds have merged," there was a "coming of the aboleths," etc. All in all, it sounds like they points-of-lighted it quite heavily, though it's unsure exactly where it's going. :(

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Well, the new GHotR has gods killing gods, including Mystra, which unleashes the spellplague, unleashing all kinds of havoc. This is probably just on scale with the "Time of Troubles" from the 1e/2e conversion. However, there's a preview chapter of Salvatore's new book. This chapter is a "flash-forward" to 1485 or so, in which Drizz't reveals that the Shades :)p) have reformed Netheril, most of civilization has collapsed outside of the Silver Marches area, the benevolent gods are in hiding or something, "two worlds have merged," there was a "coming of the aboleths," etc. All in all, it sounds like they points-of-lighted it quite heavily, though it's unsure exactly where it's going. :(

Yikes! I hear Ed Greenwood's none to pleased with this direction.

freyar

Let's just say that his comments are basically that he cares about his world too much just to let it slip, so he's going to do what he can to fix it.

PS. Did you see that they're changing up the elemental planes, too?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yes. Nail met coffin when I read that.

I suppose my brief Dragon/Dungeon career is over now. I don't really have any desire to pigeonhole the classics into the new monster roles or new cosmology. Not that there's any reason to suspect they'd even want to see the classics brought back. :(

freyar

Shade said:
Yes. Nail met coffin when I read that.

I suppose my brief Dragon/Dungeon career is over now. I don't really have any desire to pigeonhole the classics into the new monster roles or new cosmology. Not that there's any reason to suspect they'd even want to see the classics brought back. :(

Yeah, hard to say if they'd want that or not. We're glad you're here, though, and glad you're back! It's been awfully quiet.

PS. And I'm sure there are many possibilities for you with Pathfinder. :)

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
My kid was sick the past few days, hence my lack of internet presence.
That's understandable - I hope he/she's better by now.

Does anyone know if BOZ is okay/busy/on vacation/disillusioned with the whole 4e thing etc?

He hasn't posted since mid August (not even as his Aspect) :(

He did post a couple of days ago on WOtC Mystara board (monster conversion thread naturally)

Regards
Mortis

Remove ads