But no Bite attack...

Last night I was watching the news when I saw 'Iron' Mike Tyson had gotten into another brawl with someone. This reminded me of a character type I had wanted to play for years before 3e, a fist fighter who just knocked people out like crazy. Think Tyson. Think Brad Pitt in 'Snatch'. Think Ali. Or that black guy from Diggstown.

Unfortunatlly all my books are packed since im in the middle of moving, but from what I remember I want some kind of Monk/Psychic Warrior multiclass. IIRC monks get a knockout ability, but i'm not sure how it works exactlly. I'm not really interested in all the crazy monk abilities, just laying down people in a single blow. I think we'll be using the new ITCK psi scaling rules and I think feats from most d20 books as well. It's Matt_B's game and he hasn't gotten back to me yet, so Matt_B lemme know brother!

So, what can i do to make this a viable character? Any suggested feat chains? Psi powers? Etc? How can I mak ethe most out of the Knockout ability?

Sorry to put this in general discussion, but theres no more Min/Max forum here. Would Rules be better? Dunno

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Howdy, Roland!

Can't help you much with what you're trying to put together (time shortage) but I hate to see your post hit the second page, so here's a bump for you!

I will mention, on topic, that as soon as I started reading your post I though of the "Any which way..." series of movies with Clint Eastwood. Didn't Charles Bronson play a bare-knuckles boxer in some movie also?

Alway good to have a little brawling in an adventure. I hate to see all combat be to the death...

Fade

First Post
The two monk abilities you want are the natural ability to deal subdual damage with no penalty, and the 'stunning blow' ability. At Psiwar5 you can take the 2nd level power Painful Touch, which adds +1d6 subdual damage to all your unarmed attacks for a while.

daTim

First Post
My recomendation is to make a pure monk, maximize wisdom anyway you can! Then get the Ki Straps (S&F 5000 gold). You might consider getting the pain touch feat as soon as you can too if your wisdom high enough. Anyway, with enough effort you can get your stunning fist DC so high almost anybody will be staggered and possibly nausiated by the pain touch. with a 20 Wis, and Ki Straps, a 10th level monk could have a stunning fist DC of 25! If you use Oriental Adventures, you can pick up the mastery feat Meditation of War Mastery which increases the DC by 2 more. If you do all that you will definatly be a one hit wonder type of person... one stunning strike can shut down even the toughest of fighters for 2 rounds (with pain touch that is...)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Try to get a permanent magic fang, if at all possible... Also, bite attacks for humanoids can probably be extrapolated from the MM, if you're interested in that. :p

Remove ads