• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cabal, City of Factions D&D 4E recruiting now!

Jack of Tales

First Post
It is still recruiting. I had given up hope on getting a group until after the books are out although I had originally hoped to start the Rping part early.

I've been updating the site at least once a week and now it's chock full of information and various bits of trivia. You can find more information on the two games there

Site again so you don't have to search : http://cabalcity.wetpaint.com/

There are two games recruiting, both located under the Campaigns tab. One a typical cooperative, the other competitive.

Tell me what you think of the setting! I hope you like it and hope to see you in one of the groups when 4E is out!

SoulsFury

Explorer
I'm still down to play, you've been mia over over on the boards the last week. Dragonborn warlord unless the faction being played is children of the storm, then I'll probably be elven warlock.

Bialaska

First Post
I'm definitely interested in joining. Primarily I'd prefer the cooperative game, though I can be in the competitive too.

As for the character it depends of the faction chosen. Some factions are just primarily one race. I am leaning towards someone to fill the role of Striker though.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Comeback

Ah sorry for the long delay, I have been far too busy this last two weeks to get online. Well I am back and looking for recruits. If for the cooperative game a consensus is too difficult to reach since it seems no one wants to throw their hat in one direction or another we will default with the Union as they are the largest and can easily include all concepts.

So, this is both a bump to re-attract attention and a reply to those who have responded in the past. If you have your books state which game you would like to join and post the character. I will accept tries for both games although separate characters are required for that.

The rules for what's required for the character should be in the first post, if not they are on the wiki but if you need them extrapolated just ask. Let me see those submissions!

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi, I'm still interested in playing an Eladrin or Tiefling Wizard.
I got all three corebooks.
I will post the character later (I have to reread the wiki).

Short question: Which abiliy generation method we will use?

Standard array, point-buy or rolled?

I would prefer point-buy :)

Last edited:

Contrail

First Post
I only started looking for 4E games here recently, but this one has an interesting premise so I decided to submit a character for your game. Hopefully I've provided enough information (and formatted it correctly for you) but if you have any further questions I'll do my best to answer them.

[sblock="Corande Stillwater"]Lawful Good Female Elf Fighter 1

Str 16 (+3)
Con 13 (+1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 16 (+3)
Cha 8 (-1)

Hit Points: 28
Healing Surges: 10

Initiative: +3

AC: 17
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 13
Will: 13

Languages: Common, Elven

Feat: Skill Training (Perception)

Skills: Athletics (+8)*, Endurance (+6)*, Heal (+8)*, Nature (+5)+, Perception (+10)*+
* = Trained, + = Racial Bonus

Passive Perception: 20
Passive Insight: 13

Fighter Weapon Talent: Two-Handed

At-Will: Cleave, Reaping Strike
Encounter: Spinning Sweep
Daily: Comeback Strike

Equipment: Scale Armor, Glaive, Standard Adventurer's Kit
Money: 15 GP[/sblock]
Character for Another Day in Cabal

Union Faction

Elven Fighter

Description: Standing 5'8" tall and weighing 145 lbs., Corande is lithe but muscular like a dancer. Her dark brown hair is braided in the front to keep it out of her face, but otherwise falls loosely to her waist. Her deep blue eyes are watchful, and her skin is lightly tanned. Her facial features are well-formed but are usually set in a serious, almost grim, expression. When on duty as part of the Corps, she is usually found wearing her armor and weilding her glaive with elegant grace and precision. Off-duty, she tends to wear comfortable clothes that have a certain elegant simplicity in shades of silvery gray and deep blue, accented with black embroidery in a variety of natural motifs.

Personality: She tends to be serious and somewhat reserved, but is also alert to her surroundings and sensitive to other's moods. She has an idealistic view of the Union faction's goals, and is very dedicated to her duties. Protecting others from harm is also important to her, particularly those she has allowed herself to grow close to. She doesn't relax often, but when she does echoes of the joyful and life-loving child she once was appear, only to be closed away again once the break is over and it is time for her to return to her duties. What ultimately drives her is a deep sadness over her brother's death that has lead her to want to keep similar tragedies from happening to others. She distrusts members of the Hand of Bone and the Silver Wolves, since she hold those factions responsible for her brother's death.

Background: Corande moved to Cabal as part of a group of elven settlers from Rhenquist when she was still a child, along with her parents Cardoc and Irella and her older brother Rhodan. The settlers attempted to establish a home for themselves but never found a place to call their own. During these wanderings, several members of the group were killed, including her older brother, who was an incidental causalty of a fight between members of the Hand of Bone and the Silver Wolves. When the alliance that formed the Union was proposed, Corande encouraged her parents to support joining the alliance. The group of elven settlers she was a part of signed the Allied Treatise of Cabal along with many other groups.

When she was old enough, Corande joined the Centralization Corps and determinedly trained to gain the skills needed to help protect the Union faction and those she holds dear. Her dedication did not pass unnoticed, and she is expected to be a rising star in the Corps. She still keeps in touch with her parents, some of the other members of the original group of settlers she belonged to, and the people she trained with to join the Corps. She also might be able to get assistance from her superiors in the Corps, depending on the circumstances.

Born: April 26th, N.R. 92

Goals: Protecting the Union faction, Making Cabal a safer place in general, Lessening the fighting between factions

As a player, I'm most interested in a mix of fighting enemies and investigating mysteries of various sorts.

- Contrail

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Erwin Hue, good male human Wizard 1

Campaign: Another Day in Cabal

Faction: Union

Erwin is generally easy-going. He tries to do the right thing and help other people, but his motives are not always pure as he likes to take the credit for doing so. He is eager to learn more about magic, as well as to improve his fighting skills and to gain the respect of other people and power over them.

Erwin grew up in a much smaller town many miles from Cabal, though he got the impression that he may have been born in Cabal. It was obvious from a young age that he had both interest in magic and the talent for it. He was given the opportunity to study magic and learned to hunt as well. He recently came to Cabal in order to further his studies, and soon found his way to the Third Precinct. He has been befriended by one of the Retiro Marksmen, Grant Reed, and he suspects this man may be his real father but hasn't asked as he's not sure and doesn't feel it should matter.

Recently he has been plagued by recurring dreams about murdering a young woman. Every time it happens a different way but it is always the same victim. He does not believe he has ever seen this woman in real life, and is horrified by the thought that he might one day meet her. He does not think it is based on a memory as he knows of no such murder.

What I want: 1) A fun, interesting game including RP, combat, and thinking; 2) To determine whether 4e is in fact D&D, and in any case whether it is any good as a RPG.

Appearance: Erwin is 6' tall, light skinned but with dark brown hair, thin but handsome.

[sblock=stats]
Code:
Ability Score	Value	Modifier
Strength	10  	+0	Armor Class		15
Constitution	12  	+1	Fortitude Defense	12
Dexterity	14  	+2	Reflex Defense		15
Intelligence	18  	+4	Will Defense		14
Wisdom		12  	+1	Initiative		+2
Charisma	12	+1	Speed (Squares)		6

HIT POINTS 22, BLOODIED	11, HEALING SURGE 5 hp
HEALING SURGES/DAY	7	(Use second wind up to 1/encounter)

Current Hit Points 22	Current Surge Uses 7

Basic Attack Name Attack Bonus Damage Range/Properties
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +2 vs. AC 1d8
:ranged: Magic Missile +4 vs. Reflex 2d4+4 20 squares

FEATS
Action Surge: +3 to attacks when spending an action point

Ritual Caster

Multiclass (Ranger): Warrior of the Wild: gain training in Stealth and can designate a quarry 1/encounter as a minor action.

The enemy nearest you can be designated as your quarry. You gain +1d6 damage vs. that enemy for the remainder of the encounter with 1 attack/round. If you make multiple attacks/round, decide after the attacks are rolled which attack to apply the extra damage to.

RACE FEATURES
Human: +1 Fort, Reflex, Will; +1 at-will power, feat, trained skill

Languages: ?

SKILLS (* trained)
Passive Insight* 16
Passive Perception 11
Arcana* +9
Diplomacy* +6
History* +9
Insight* +6
Perception +1
Nature* +6
Stealth* +7

EQUIPMENT
cloth armor 1 gp
quarterstaff 5 gp
backpack 2 gp
wand 7 gp
spellbook 50 gp
coins 35 gp

CLASS FEATURES
proficiency: cloth armor, dagger, quarterstaff

Cantrips (at will):
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Wand of Accuracy (+2 to an attack 1/encounter as free action)

At-Will Spells:

Magic Missile Wizard Attack 1
You launch a silvery bolt of force at an enemy.
At-Will :ranged: Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 20
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d4 + 4 force damage.
Special: This power counts as a ranged basic attack. When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

Ray of Frost Wizard Attack 1
A blisteringly cold ray of white frost streaks to your target.
At-Will :ranged: Arcane, Cold, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + 4 cold damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Scorching Burst Wizard Attack 1
A vertical column of golden flames burns all within.
At-Will :area: Arcane, Fire, Implement
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Hit: 1d6 + 4 fire damage.

Encounter:

Icy Terrain Wizard Attack 1
With frosty breath, you utter a single arcane word that creates a treacherous patch of ice on the ground, hampering your foes.
Encounter :area: Arcane, Cold, Implement
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Hit: 1d6 + 4 cold damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Effect: The power’s area is difficult terrain until the end of your next turn. You can end this effect as a minor action.

Daily: (* = prepared)

Flaming Sphere Wizard Attack 1
You conjure a rolling ball of fire and control where it goes.
Daily :ranged: Arcane, Conjuration, Fire, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature adjacent to the flaming sphere
Hit: 2d6 + 4 fire damage.
Effect: You conjure a Medium flaming sphere in an unoccupied square within range, and the sphere attacks an adjacent creature. Any creature that starts its turn next to the flaming sphere takes 1d4 + 4 fire damage. As a move action, you can move the sphere up to 6 squares.
Sustain Minor: You can sustain this power until the end of the encounter. As a standard action, you can make another attack with the sphere.

* Sleep Wizard Attack 1
You exert your will against your foes, seeking to overwhelm them with a tide of magical weariness.
Daily :area: Arcane, Implement, Sleep
Standard Action Area burst 2 within 20 squares
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: The target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its first saving throw against this power, the target becomes unconscious (save ends).
Miss: The target is slowed (save ends).

Rituals:
Animal Messenger (Nature) 1
Comprehend Languages (Arcana) 1
Silence (Arcana) 1[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads