• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calculating unarmed damage: Frost Rager

Enamel_32

First Post
I'm thinking up a character with both levels in monk and barbarian (I'm aware of the alignment restrictions), leading to frost rager, which gives him increased unarmed damage...

The frost rager prestige class, from frostburn, increases unarmed damage, though I think it assumes the character's base unarmed damage is 1d4. One might argue that it increases the size category for the frost rager's unarmed damage to 1d6, or two categories with the improved frostrage ability at level 4, to 1d8.

Would it be just to consider the frost rager's unarmed damage to be a virtual size category change, which would increase my overall unarmed damage?

IcyCool

First Post
Well, base unarmed damage for a medium size character is 1d3. So if a Frost Rager's unarmed damage is 1d6, and it doesn't say anything about size increases (or virtual one's), I think you are out of luck.

Enamel_32

First Post
Thought so. Thanks for the quick reply. I always assumed the base damage was a 1d4... Then again, it mentions the rager becoming bigger, but not an actual size category larger...

Last edited:

Remove ads