• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call of Cthulhu and PC Spellcasters

Celebrim

Legend
So, after a lot of thought on this, I've decided that the thing that offends me are spells that have zero SAN loss (such as healing, heal, cure blindness, command animal, etc.) I think it's entirely outside of the genera for human sorcerers to not be insane and evil, and allowing heal or any other spell to be cast with no penalty opens up the idea of humans being in control of the universe and able to bear its reality - something I feel is outside the genera. This elevates humanity to the level of the Great Race of Yith or other major independent races, and not something that is destined to go shortly extinct. It might be interesting to run that game, and certainly Charles Stross has gotten a lot of mileage out of a Cthulhu Pulp series of stories with humans able to treat with and deal with the horrors of the universe as a true peer, but I don't feel it's appropriate for a baseline game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads