• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling All Comic Gurus...

I"m not sure if I'm going to read Seige or not until the trades start coming out considering my Marvel bucks are vested in Necroshia and X-Men Second Coming (since I have a feeling that Hope is really Dark Pheonix II and not Jean Grey/The Good Phoenix ).

Necroshia? I have not heard about this person/place/storyline

As for Hope. I was guessing she was the new host to the Pheonix Force every since the whole Messiah Complex started years ago.

Its early for the Siege story. The way it has started seems both unoriginal but also simple and effective for the parties involved. Intro was in New Avengers Annual.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Necroshia? I have not heard about this person/place/storyline

As for Hope. I was guessing she was the new host to the Pheonix Force every since the whole Messiah Complex started years ago.

Its early for the Siege story. The way it has started seems both unoriginal but also simple and effective for the parties involved. Intro was in New Avengers Annual.

Necroshia. It's the current X-man filler side-event (that serves to bring more mutants back into existence while killing off unpopular New X-Men characters before Second Coming kills them all off). Basically, it's a techno-organic-virus mutant version of Blackest Night.

the Jester

Legend
Ambush Bug = teh win.

Marvel's obsession with crossover events = what drove me away from buying Marvel comics about 14 years ago, with the idea that I might get back into doing so when they knocked it off... which they STILL haven't.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ambush Bug = teh win.

Marvel's obsession with crossover events = what drove me away from buying Marvel comics about 14 years ago, with the idea that I might get back into doing so when they knocked it off... which they STILL haven't.

They are claiming that after Seige every crossover for the next few years (Cough most likely one year) will be an inline crossover.

the Jester

Legend
They are claiming that after Seige every crossover for the next few years (Cough most likely one year) will be an inline crossover.

Bah.

I remember back in the day when crossovers were actually special. When they are an annual requirement, all they do is screw up all the titles' storylines.

Once in a while, I wouldn't mind a crossover event, but not just as a money grubber- as an actual, meaningful event with a good story. The Morlock Massacre was about the last one that I can think of. Seems like a few good ones inspired the editors or the suits or someone to dictate that every year must have the CAN'T MISS EXPLOSIVE COLLECTOR'S ITEM SUPER POLYBAG BUY ALL 20 PARTS CROSSOVER SENSATION OF THE CENTURY!!!!

I mean, Christ- Atlantis Attacks? Dark Reign? Secret Wars II? Secret Invasion? Marvel/DC Amalgam? Infinity Crusade? What a bunch of tripe.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Bah.

I remember back in the day when crossovers were actually special. When they are an annual requirement, all they do is screw up all the titles' storylines.

Once in a while, I wouldn't mind a crossover event, but not just as a money grubber- as an actual, meaningful event with a good story. The Morlock Massacre was about the last one that I can think of. Seems like a few good ones inspired the editors or the suits or someone to dictate that every year must have the CAN'T MISS EXPLOSIVE COLLECTOR'S ITEM SUPER POLYBAG BUY ALL 20 PARTS CROSSOVER SENSATION OF THE CENTURY!!!!

I mean, Christ- Atlantis Attacks? Dark Reign? Secret Wars II? Secret Invasion? Marvel/DC Amalgam? Infinity Crusade? What a bunch of tripe.

It cvould be worse, it could be like DC where one year long event happens, ends, and the next year long event begins WHILE a 6 month long "consequence of the previous event" crossover , a "loosely tied to the previous event" cross over, and a "tied to the next event after the current event" title are being published.

the Jester

Legend
It cvould be worse, it could be like DC where one year long event happens, ends, and the next year long event begins WHILE a 6 month long "consequence of the previous event" crossover , a "loosely tied to the previous event" cross over, and a "tied to the next event after the current event" title are being published.

It's really about the same. The Marvel writers don't have time to explore the consequences of last year's GIANT CROSSOVER EVENT!!!1!!eleventyone!!!! before the next one rolls over any hope of a good story.

Remove ads