Campaign art by Malessa

Malessa

First Post
Thank you!

Here is my sketch for the PC Endora, paladin of Heironeous.

endorabw.jpg

Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Giant Frog

Here is the Giant Frog that tried to eat our halfing rogue. Malessa did this freehand. I think it's practically photo quality! I truly have an amazing wife... in so many ways :)

giantfrogbw.jpg

Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Inn of the Welcome Wench

Well, I did this one myself. I haven't drawn a picture in about 15 years, so it's surely not professional quality. I'm fairly proud of it, however. Hey... I did my best!

Attachments

• art - welcome wench.jpg
    art - welcome wench.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,515

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Ankheg

This nasty critter attacked our party on the road to the moathouse. It never made it out of the bushes before our cleric squashed its head.

Attachments

• art - ankheg.jpg
    art - ankheg.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,437

cthuluftaghn

First Post
A change of pace

I made this for my buddy's Star Wars campaign. You can check out his impressive journal over in the Story Hour (Tales from the Outer Rim, by Jodo Kast).

This is pure Paint Shop Pro... no expensive 3D graphic utilities. The ship, named the Rim Runner in this campaign, is obviously a doctored-up image of the Millenium Falcon (notice how I moved the cockpit to the middle, instead of on the side).

The rest of the picture, however.... including the starry backdrop, planet, moon, and title (and all the textures and light angles that go with them)... are made 100% from scratch in PSP.

Attachments

• outerrim_web.jpg
    outerrim_web.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,460
Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
A change of pace

Here's a sample of how some of the layers were put together in the picture above (for those of you that have asked before how such effects are created). Some of the layers... such as the primary circle of the moon, the clouds on the planet, and the glows... are all white, so I didn't bother to paste them into this image.

Note: I copied the layers one-at-a-time from my original image and pasted them on to a white background to create this crude collage... that's why there are white rings around some of the images here that don't appear above.

Attachments

• layersample.gif
    layersample.gif
    28 KB · Views: 2,285
Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
The Druid's Grove

Here is Jaroo's druid grove in Hommlet. Again, this is all Paint Shop Pro. I used a lot of the preset picture tubes that come with the program, such as the spruce, the trees, the flowers, the grass blades, and clouds. It was really just a matter of assembling them and adjusting the lights and shading.

Attachments

• duid grove web.jpg
    duid grove web.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,264
Last edited:

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Ol' Del

This is the pencil sketch Malessa did of Ol' Del... the crazy old trapper who lives in the woods between Hommlet and the Moathouse.

Attachments

• npc - ol' del.jpg
    npc - ol' del.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,103

Remove ads