D&D General Campaign Setting Contest: Should We Do It Again?

I couldn't find the page using the Wayback Machine, but I did find this, which does list the requirements:

BUMP

Does anyone have a link to the original contest requirement page?

Thanks!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
BUMP

Does anyone have a link to the original contest requirement page?

Thanks!
That's quite the bump. Like a bump out of the grave and onto the mad scientist's cart, ready for Igor to hook up the lightning collector to.

Somewhere I still have my entry from last time. It was for an unformed world, full of flying earth nodes and such, working a fisher-king type thing that as the mutable lands were populated they would settle towards the vision of the authority accepted by those people, and newer, chaotic lands full of odd creatures would form out of the surrounding chaos. Where magical laws differ from place to place, and strongly reinforcing the old-school idea of high level adventurers will eventually build and claim parts of the frontier and make their indelible mark.

Looking back on it now, I can see how the "contains everything D&D does" that they wanted (unlike the earlier Dark Sun setting) was technically served by this, but in reality wouldn't focus on a bunch of it. And would be hard to write modules for, since everyone's setting could be evolving in different directions.

Remove ads