• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can anyone recommend any good 4e or non-old school blogs?

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Though I don't play 4e, I've stumbled across a few 4e blogs and they have some good material on them. I entered Blog-land through the old school ones, and most of the blogs I monitor stem from that relationship. But I think we can still share ideas and opinions regardless of edition. I notice that blogs tend not to focus so much on rule-specific stuff, and often talk about issues and ideas common to all editions. That being said, are there any non-old school blogs you guys can recommend that are still focused on D&D or at least d20 games?

Thx!

Asmor

First Post

Isn't there some site that has a Blog section somewhere? I hear some guy there has an awesome blog you should totally read.

You may also be intrested in

RPG Bloggers

This site lists dozens of RPG blogs. If you can't something good there, I think I get to shoot you :p

questing gm

First Post
If you don't mind, you can visit my blog that is already in my sig. Although I keep it mostly updated with the latest news and free updates that comes from Wizards which is 4E-related, I tend to slip in a couple of perspectives about gaming as an Asian gamer.

If you are interested in looking what the best that other RPG bloggers (mostly from the network) has to offer, I would also recommend you my weekly Questing's Readings segment.

Besides the self-plug, my first recommendation would go to Gnome Stew which is a really great source of DMing advice.

On a side note, I would also encourage you to apply your blog into the network. It's really great for getting readers. ;)

Last edited:

Hellzon

First Post
Eleven Foot Pole - se Greg Tannahill rip Keep on the Shadowfell a new one, with constructive criticism for a change. Now also with Thunderspire Labyrinth critique. I'd especially recommend it if you're actually going to run those modules.

Keep On the Gaming Lands is Mearls' blog, and I always feel like a sycophant for recommending it, but it's really good. Bit slow lately, maybe.

Also mine, in my sig. ;)

wedgeski

Adventurer
My own blog linked below is mostly a campaign journal for the benefit of my players, but occasionally I'll bang on about something that catches my eye.

_NewbieDM_

Explorer
I'll pimp my own blog, www.newbiedm.com

I tend to blog from the perspective of a new Dungeon Master, and have many articles useful to a person venturing out into the DM frontier for the first time.

There's plenty of tutorials there to learn how to make gaming tokens, printing maps at scale from Dungeon mag, and a bunch of other neat stuff.

Check it out, and I also recommend a blog called www.keyourcars.com it is nicely written with a bunch of homebrewed monsters and stuff.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads