WOIN Can Kama, double chained and Kusarigama be alternatively wielded as standard Kama?

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
On p. 89 of the WOIN NOW rule book, a "Kama" is listed as a 3d6 damage, while the "Kama, double chained" and the "Kusarigama" (which looks like one Kama on a chain) are both listed as 2d6+2 damage. Can these latter two weapons be wielded as standard Kama, perhaps by draping the chain over the user's shoulder or similarly ignoring the chain use and instead striking with them as a standard Kama? If so, then presumably these weapons would also deal 3d6 damage? I don't know much about martial arts, so I don't know if this is possible or just an ignorant oversimplification on my part.

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
Hi,
in my group I'd allow it. Using a Kusari-Gama on range is a pure action-Media trope and in no way realistic (at least if it's used to throw the kama).
If it's really been used - and I'm not sure about that - the thrown part should be that heavy weight on the opposite end.
Using a kama to effective damage someone on range with a chain is against many physic laws and two kama on a chain are cool but fantasy :)

Remove ads