Can you find a GM when you need one?

Can you find a GM if you need one?

• Sure,not a problem.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Generally, but depending on game it can be tricky.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Sometimes but not as often as I'd like to play.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Usually not, it takes a lot of effort and often doesn't last long.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Not ever.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I am the GM.

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Poll closed .

Among my small (40-ish) network of gaming friends, about 30-ish of them are running or have run games.

So, yes. To find a GM, all I usually have to do is swing a cat until I hit one.

I voted generally but depending on the game it can be tricky. We have a few folks that GM in our circle but if I want to play certain game then I would have to be the one running them. For example , I can find players for a B/X game if I wanted to run it but but chances of getting to play in one are fairly slim.

ccs

41st lv DM
I've been a DM since the day I began playing these games, so I don't have to look too far....
Other than that, about 1/2 the people I play with also DM. Sometimes we've had games where everyone at the table is a DM.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Does that end in sessions where everyone takes turns during the session? Because that's happened here lately and it was hilarious.

S'mon

Legend
dredd__i_am_the_law__by_magnetic007-d648ygt.jpg

Not generally a problem. If I do want to play I can always go to the Meetup.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Depends on what I'm looking for.

If I wanted to find a group to play with, it isn't that hard in my area with Meetup.com.

But, if I just want to play the occasional one-off game, that can be difficult, especially finding something that fits with my schedule. But if my schedule were more flexible and I'm willing to drive a bit, I could find a couple Adv. League games per week.

There are not too many DMs that are interested in one-off games or having a "guest" player. Therefore, when I want to game for just a night or when travelling, it is usually a board game or some obscure RPG. Which is great—lot's of fun. But hard to find such opportunities for D&D outside of Adv. League games.

Remove ads