Can you suffocate while burrowing ?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Can you suffocate? Yes.

Must you suffocate? It depends on the creature and how it burrows. If it must suffocate, then keep in mind that it will only be able to burrow for a number of rounds equal to its constitution (plus ever how many rounds you give it for a localized air pocket) because it will be holding its breath--if you use the swimming/drowning rules.

werk

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
i dont think you do becuse they would have said so. I mean its a big thing to miss...

It seems that creatures that do not need to breathe use earth glide and creatures that need to breathe use burrowing.

Don't worry about the physics of it...I rarely see moles or worms above ground, but I know they breathe because they all pop up in a good hard rain.

darthkilmor

First Post
werk said:
It seems that creatures that do not need to breathe use earth glide and creatures that need to breathe use burrowing.

Don't worry about the physics of it...I rarely see moles or worms above ground, but I know they breathe because they all pop up in a good hard rain.

That seems to make sense. Not worried about it, was just wondering if anyone had any rules to quote one way or the other. Only had it come up once in a (basically) once shot game with a mineral warrior templated pc, and DM had to kind of make up soemthing on the spot on how to handle burrowing for several rounds (i didnt know enough to suggest the swimming/drowning rules, which would seem to make the best sense.).

Remove ads