• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Caps to lower case?

Rhun

First Post
Why is it that sometimes, when I type something in a post all in caps, when I submit the post if converts it to lower case.

For example, in this post, I typed MAP out all in capitals. It then posted it as lower case when I hit submit. Is it something to do with the "-" characters around it?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Insert CAPATILIZED title HERE! But not --HERE--

In a post it's not a problem, but only for a word or two I believe.

Such as THIS. Or EVEN THIS.

But I don't think it works for entire sentences, but I may be wrong. So, a test...

THIS SENTENCE IS TYPED ENTIRELY IN CAPS. (guess I was wrong...)

In the title I typed both "capitalized" and "here" in all caps. The second "here" has dashes around it, like this --HERE--. Seems to be working okay for me. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you...:erm:

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
--map--

Another test, maybe if it's the only word in the title...?

Yup, I typed it all caps, but it automatically changed it to lower case.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
--MAP-- Main Floor Ravenloft

But does this work...?

Yup. Seems that as long as there are other words in the title with the capatilized word, it works just fine. On it's own, no dice...

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I've noticed this, too. However, since I lack El Mahdi's tenacity, I've ever figured out the rules for it.

I suspect the autoconversion is in place to prevent CHRONIC SHOUTERS from cluttering up threads like they so often do on, for example, political forums.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Zomg!!!! This is a test of the shouter disabling mechanism hypothesis!!!! Maybe this post will get converted to little letters because they are easier for sane people to read!!!!!

[Yup. The sentences above were submitted in ALL CAPS but 'fixed' to the case of rational people.]

Remove ads