Carnivore Christmas!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Over the next few days, I'll be cooking a pair of 20lb turkeys and a HUGE pot of gumbo (w/crab, shrimp, chicken & 2 kinds of sausage), plus setting up a deli meat & cheese spread for sandwiches.

Oh yeah...we also have a 10+lb boneless rib roast to work with.

I will also put out a raw veggie tray for appetizers, along with aome crackers and artisan cheeses and may cook a cherry blitz and/or thaw out one of my bread puddings.

No, it's not all for me.;)

We'll be having some family over, but most of our holiday guests will be members of our Church Choir who will be spending so much time at the various (long and poorly spaced out) Christmas services that getting a decent meal would otherwise be a challenge.

What is everyone else killin' fer Christmas?

Me, I'm killing my cupboard. I'm the only person of three in my apartment who's staying in Atlanta, and my family's 800 miles away, so I'm going to try to balance out the money I spent on presents by eating PB&J and pasta and bags of frozen veggies. Maybe if I get adventurous I'll combine some flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and cocoa to make myself a dessert.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not doing any cooking at all, unfortunately.

My wife and I did a full blitz for a dozen people back on Thanksgiving. For X-mas we're heading down to my Mother-in-law's. She's a fine person, but she doesn't cook with the flair, creativity, or flavor of that my wife and I can.

Rykion

Explorer
The kitchen in my house is still in remodel mode, so no cooking for me. I don't even have access to a microwave right now. :eek:

Baked Ham (Thankyou Don Kendel aka Mack Molding)
Homemade Mac & cheese
Green Beans with the fried onion stuff (yummy)
Buscuits
Chocolate Mocha and Chocolate Mousse pie

ahhhhh...... it will be splendid indeed.....

Over the next few days, I'll be cooking a pair of 20lb turkeys and a HUGE pot of gumbo (w/crab, shrimp, chicken & 2 kinds of sausage), plus setting up a deli meat & cheese spread for sandwiches.

Oh yeah...we also have a 10+lb boneless rib roast to work with.

I will also put out a raw veggie tray for appetizers, along with aome crackers and artisan cheeses and may cook a cherry blitz and/or thaw out one of my bread puddings.

No, it's not all for me.;)

We'll be having some family over, but most of our holiday guests will be members of our Church Choir who will be spending so much time at the various (long and poorly spaced out) Christmas services that getting a decent meal would otherwise be a challenge.

What is everyone else killin' fer Christmas?

When should I come over?

Our church merely had cookies and coffee. I am so jealous

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
  1. You live in the wrong Arlington (neener, neener)- otherwise I'd say be here right...about...now.
  2. This is something I wanted to do for the choir, 'cause they're going tomb in Church more than any single priest... This weekend, at least.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OM[not Baby Jesus approved]!!

Word got out and we have unexpected guests- LOCUSTS!!

(OK, additional family & friends who weren't on the initial invite list...)

I may actually have to fight for my dinner!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Turduckhen was taken away by a mechanical turkey that called itself Turkitron, who claimed to be sent from the year 9595 to save the great-great-great-great grandfather of the turkey "Goblox."

Remove ads