Cartoons as RPG Settings

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Thundarr the Barbarian, another favorite of mine, pretty much exists already: Barbarians of the Ruined Earth (Black Hack).
Yup. There was also Under the Broken Moon using mechanics from Over the Edge, and I believe someone did a fan GURPS conversion for it too. Mutant Future is also a decent fit, and Thundarr is certainly one of the inspirations for it.

I'd like to see an official Miyazaki RPG set in an original world of his design. I mean, I'd play a RPG set in any of his worlds, but having one designed specifically for a RPG would be amazing.
Not official, but isn't this more or less what Ryuutama is?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Not official, but isn't this more or less what Ryuutama is?

It's certainly in that vein, as are Monster Care Squad, and Golden Sky Stories (of those, I think Monster Care Squad and Golden Sky Stories actually come closer to being a "Miyazaki RPG" than Ryuutama). But I specifically want a world crafted by Miyazaki, not a close approximation. I'd love to see what he could do with a pen and paper RPG setting.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What about Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? It only lasted a single season of 13 episodes, but I remember being impressed.

Johnathan
Already done
D2CDC9DB-F45C-412B-A5F8-79B2A578AB24.png

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (role-playing game) - Wikipedia

Aldarc

Legend
It's certainly in that vein, as are Monster Care Squad, and Golden Sky Stories (of those, I think Monster Care Squad and Golden Sky Stories actually come closer to being a "Miyazaki RPG" than Ryuutama). But I specifically want a world crafted by Miyazaki, not a close approximation. I'd love to see what he could do with a pen and paper RPG setting.
I believe that there is a series of RPGs made in collaboration with Studio Ghibli: Ni No Kuni.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases