Cascada the Bard?

moritheil

First Post
Before we get on to the topic, fair warning - this may be the dorkiest topic I have ever posted. (Then again, if you aren't prepared for that, what are you doing on these boards?)

I was watching music clips on YouTube, and I saw Cascada's 'Every Time We Touch.' Now, it's an old song, so I'd seen it before, but this time it brought to mind a peculiar question: what level bard would you have to be to emulate that?

For those not familiar with the video, she walks into a library, musses up a librarian's hair, takes his glasses away, starts dancing in the middle of the room, and eventually gets all the dour staff members to join in an impromptu dance party. Oddly, they do not eject her.

Let's not limit this to DnD, either - I'm interested in how this would be done in, say, Exalted, Mage, or Werewolf as well. I know how to do it with In Nomine, since Servitors of Flowers have a convenient attunement (Crown of Joy - makes others dance along with you if you start singing and dancing.) Presumably there's no point in doing it with certain systems (Paranoia?)

roguerouge

First Post
At seventh level in 3.5, Cascada would be able to fascinate 3 people with her bardic music and then use suggestion to get them to dance. Every three levels she'd be able to add another librarian. If we need more than that, at 13th level, the bard can cast mass suggestion.

Remove ads