Cast the iconic D&D characters

sniffles

First Post
Eww!! With some of these casting choices I'd be expecting a D&D movie of about the same quality as the first one. Tyler Mane may look good in the costume but he sure can't act! :p

Klaus

First Post
sniffles said:
Eww!! With some of these casting choices I'd be expecting a D&D movie of about the same quality as the first one. Tyler Mane may look good in the costume but he sure can't act! :p
That's why I chose Lawrence Makoare, who played Lurtz in FotR and Gothmog (the deformed orc captain) in RotK.

For Gimble the Bard I'd cast Eddie Vedder! He has a rather 3.5e-gnomish cast to his face. Plus he could sing!

Klaus

First Post
Mad Mac said:
Wait? You chose someone cute to play Mialee? Doesn't that go against everything she stands for, or something?
Not *my* Mialee, obviously. :)
http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/Pictur...nics/mialee.jpg

I chose Kristin Kreuk for quite a few reasons: she has the correct build, the short height, dark hair and almond-shaped green eyes. Her Irish/Chinese descent gives her an exotic look that, IMHO, mimics the D&D elf. Ian "Freaky Eyebrows" Somerhalder as Soveliss only enhances that exotic look.

Want an unorthodox casting? I'd cast Daniel Dae Kim (Jin in Lost) as a drow, dying his hair white and his skin an unnatural shade of black. I even painted him once as a drow to see what he'd look like, and was quite pleased with the exotic look of it.

Soel

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Kane as Krusk. Unless we can use the Great Khali. His Indian speech is spot on for Orcish. :]

Khali could make a good hill-giant, but please don't let him speak! :p
Btw, Ranger, you should check out the Wrestling thread on the Wizards Rec Room boards!

I agree with Kristin Kreuk as Mialee and Camilla Belle as Lidda (yum on both counts!)

But, where's the love for the psiconics????

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
Not *my* Mialee, obviously. :)
http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/Pictur...nics/mialee.jpg

I chose Kristin Kreuk for quite a few reasons: she has the correct build, the short height, dark hair and almond-shaped green eyes. Her Irish/Chinese descent gives her an exotic look that, IMHO, mimics the D&D elf. Ian "Freaky Eyebrows" Somerhalder as Soveliss only enhances that exotic look.
Honestly, I'd go with Jolene Blalock as Mialee.

I'd cast Gina Torres as Ebon.

An unrelated note but worth mentioning: If Paul Bettany looks good as an albino monk in The Da Vinci Code, picture him in gold skin with hourglass eyes ... a la Dragonlance's Raistlin Majere.

Firebeetle

Explorer
Soel said:
Khali could make a good hill-giant, but please don't let him speak! :p
Btw, Ranger, you should check out the Wrestling thread on the Wizards Rec Room boards!

I agree with Kristin Kreuk as Mialee and Camilla Belle as Lidda (yum on both counts!)

But, where's the love for the psiconics????

Who are the iconic psionics? Hey, that rhymes.

Dang, there are a lot of iconics! If they made a D&D TV show, they would easily be able to do a "Mission Impossible" style and rotate characters in and out. Further, they could kill off characters easily and not fear "running out."

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Honestly, I'd go with Jolene Blalock as Mialee.

I'd cast Gina Torres as Ebon.

An unrelated note but worth mentioning: If Paul Bettany looks good as an albino monk in The Da Vinci Code, picture him in gold skin with hourglass eyes ... a la Dragonlance's Raistlin Majere.
Jolene Blaylock is way too tall (we're sticking to the D&D elf, which stands, on average, at 5' 5"... I am pushing the envelope with Ian Somerhalder at 5' 9"). Gina Torres is nice for *Ember* ( :) ), too.

Remove ads