Cast the iconic D&D characters

RigaMortus2

First Post
sniffles said:
Eww!! With some of these casting choices I'd be expecting a D&D movie of about the same quality as the first one. Tyler Mane may look good in the costume but he sure can't act! :p

What are you basing his lack of acting ability on? The first X-Men movie, or other projects he was involved in?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
RangerREG -> Re: Paul Bettany as Raistlin, I believe he'd do wonders. I'd like to see him do all his Raistlin scenes, then bulk up and act as Caramon, too!
Meh. Don't really like the age-old twin illusion trick, even with computer-aided cut-and-paste special effect. This is where the casting producers have their work cut out, to search a bulked-up twin double of Bettany.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
I can't remember if it was you or not, but someone proposed Bettany for Raistlin about a year ago, and my jaw dropped. He's perfect :)
Maybe it's me. Maybe it's someone else. At least I'm not alone in the boat. ;)

RigaMortus2

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Meh. Don't really like the age-old twin illusion trick, even with computer-aided cut-and-paste special effect. This is where the casting producers have their work cut out, to search a bulked-up twin double of Bettany.

If Jean Claude Van Damn can pull it off (Double Impact)...

Klaus

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Hehehe. Now that would be a sight to see: An elf going out with a hobbit (Dominic Monaghan).

:lol:
"... and this, children, is how Tallfellows came to be."

IYKWIMAITYD, of course.

cnath.rm

First Post
Klaus said:
Hmm, let's try this again: http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/Pictures/Iconics/mialee.jpg

As for talent over looks, I believe Kristin Kreuk can deliver a decent performance as Mialee (hey, this ain't Shakespeare! ;) ). The way I set up the cast above, you have one big star (Vin Diesel), needed to make a movie... er, move; a few known-enough talents (Kristanna Loken, Kristin Kreuk) and the rest you fill up with aspiring actors aiming for the big shot (most of the other from-TV-series actors).
That's a really good way of looking at it, also leads to further feelings that you should be the casting director for the movie. (and in case I haven't mentioned it before, your art (in general and on the iconics) totally rocks)

Remove ads