• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cast the iconic D&D characters

RigaMortus2

First Post
sniffles said:
Eww!! With some of these casting choices I'd be expecting a D&D movie of about the same quality as the first one. Tyler Mane may look good in the costume but he sure can't act! :p

What are you basing his lack of acting ability on? The first X-Men movie, or other projects he was involved in?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
RangerREG -> Re: Paul Bettany as Raistlin, I believe he'd do wonders. I'd like to see him do all his Raistlin scenes, then bulk up and act as Caramon, too!
Meh. Don't really like the age-old twin illusion trick, even with computer-aided cut-and-paste special effect. This is where the casting producers have their work cut out, to search a bulked-up twin double of Bettany.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
I can't remember if it was you or not, but someone proposed Bettany for Raistlin about a year ago, and my jaw dropped. He's perfect :)
Maybe it's me. Maybe it's someone else. At least I'm not alone in the boat. ;)

RigaMortus2

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Meh. Don't really like the age-old twin illusion trick, even with computer-aided cut-and-paste special effect. This is where the casting producers have their work cut out, to search a bulked-up twin double of Bettany.

If Jean Claude Van Damn can pull it off (Double Impact)...

Klaus

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Hehehe. Now that would be a sight to see: An elf going out with a hobbit (Dominic Monaghan).

:lol:
"... and this, children, is how Tallfellows came to be."

IYKWIMAITYD, of course.

cnath.rm

First Post
Klaus said:
Hmm, let's try this again: http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/Pictures/Iconics/mialee.jpg

As for talent over looks, I believe Kristin Kreuk can deliver a decent performance as Mialee (hey, this ain't Shakespeare! ;) ). The way I set up the cast above, you have one big star (Vin Diesel), needed to make a movie... er, move; a few known-enough talents (Kristanna Loken, Kristin Kreuk) and the rest you fill up with aspiring actors aiming for the big shot (most of the other from-TV-series actors).
That's a really good way of looking at it, also leads to further feelings that you should be the casting director for the movie. (and in case I haven't mentioned it before, your art (in general and on the iconics) totally rocks)

Remove ads