Cast the iconic D&D characters

Kaodi

Hero
Cast

If I were going to make a movie, I would go with Alhandra, Gimble, Eberk, Mialee and Krusk.
If I were going to make a series, I would start with Jozan, Tordek, Lidda and Mialee.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
drothgery said:
Of course, to knock things down to a reasonable case, we should probably knock this down to the clasic D&D four-person party of divine caster, arcane caster, warrior, skill guy, and then maybe one extra.

So we get one each from...

warriors
Alhandra the paladin
Ember the monk
Krusk the barbarian
Regdar the fighter
Soveliss the ranger
Tordek the fighter

skill guys
Devis the bard
Gimble the bard
Kerwyn the rogue
Lidda the rogue

divine casters
Eberk the cleric
Jozan the cleric
Vadania the druid

arcane casters
Hennet the sorcerer
Mialee the wizard
Nebin the illusionist
Naull the wizard

So I'd go with Alhandra, Lidda, Jozan, and Mialee for the classic four, and then maybe Gimble, Devis, or Soveliss to round things out? Not Ember, though; then the movie would be "Jozan's Angels"...

And as he was portrayed in at least one novel, he'd literally pass out from being surrounded by nothing but females... :lol: And, basing on that, he'd be trying to hook up with Alhandra, provided he could get past his "puppy luv" for her.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Darth K'Trava said:
I read that sentence and saw sarcasm there.

At least I HOPE it's sarcasm. ;)
Well, I thought it was when I posted it, but Firebeetle confessed.

:p

I swore that if I ever meet Courtney Solomon face to face, I'm gonna give him one big slap upside his head that he'll see supernovae.

:]

Kaodi

Hero
What About Plot?

I suppose if we were going to cast an Iconic movie, we'd also have to come up with a plot and setting for it...

For setting, while I want to go Greyhawk, perhaps it would be better to go unique, since the standard v3.5 pantheon is *seriously* paired down from there. Doesn't mean that some elements can't be borrowed from that setting though.

And for plot... um... I don't think I would make it quie *save the world* level, but it would be important. Let's say kingdom to the northwest of the heroes home has recently been overrun by the armies of the half-demon son of a general or servitor of Orcus. This is all fine and well, because no one around the heroes is really *that* concerned about it yet, but then a strange approaches the party (maybe in a tavern, but perhaps it would be better to draw the party together first, not have them pre-exist). This stranger is a skilled sorcerer or wizard, and happens to be the fully human older brother of the half-demon. He has brought the party together, the best individuals he could find on short notice, to attack and infiltrate the stronghold of his brother, which he will teleport them to. Dungeon crawl ensues, with more horror elements than a standard fantasy movie (undead and fiends mixed in with human, half-orc and goblinoid mercenaries). Of course, the dungeon crawl would have to feature its own sub-plots and stories, but eventually they would get to the end, to find that the half-demon isn't there. They do find out where he is though, in some -really cool climatic battle environment- nearby, which they can reach without too much more trouble. Fight ensues, they emerge victorius (with at least one character death), and they avert whatever disaster which was about to ensue. The brother then arrives to pick up the pieces, and ends up taking over the area, in a bit of a twist (while not evil, he is ambitious, and this was part of his plan from the beginning). Movie ends, and while the main plot has been resolved, there remain some loose ends that could be used for a sequel, though there is generally closure in case there isn't one.

Klaus

First Post
I'd go very local on the plot, specially since the budget would be very limited. I'd rather do few FX and do them well than spread the budget too thin (D&D 1, I'm looking at you). Stuff like Pitch Black, Dragonslayer or 13th Warrior on scale.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Klaus said:
Glass -> Re; Kristin Kreuk picture: she's rubbing herself against a rock singer in a movie about 4 youngsters who travel to Europe. One of the youngsters is Michelle "Dawn Summers" Trachtenberg, who dressed *very* skimpily in this movie.
The movie is called Eurotrip, and she's rubbing herself up against a very "punk" Matt Damon in one of the greatest cameos of all time...

Check the movie out and you'll find yourself singing "Scotty Doesn't Know" for weeks to come...

Plus, it has a brief appearance by David Hasselhoff....

Kaodi

Hero
Local, Eh?

I could go with local. Besides, D&D is plenty site-based (typically). So far, though, I'm still thinking a half-demon fighter/sorcerer, son of one of Orcus' chief minions. Maybe he even carries a cheap replica of the wand of Orcus.
So, maybe the heroes are all travelling into a small town in the foothills of whatever mountain range, and there is a small fortress within spitting distance of town, but no one likes to go there because it is dangerous, and perhaps haunted.
First, Alhandra and Mialee (group A) arrive in town, and they want to go and check out the ruins because Alhandra senses a great darkness hanging over the town. When Tordek, Gimble and Krusk (group B), a middle-aged gentleman approaches them and convinces them to go and search the ruins. The gentleman is actually the older brother of the half-demon, and is hoping that group B will rid the fortress of the fiends and undead so that he can claim a secret of treasure hidden within its bowels. Of course, he doesn't tell them that.
So, group A arrives at the ruins first, several hours before group B. They get close undetected with the aid of Mialee's magic, but when they spot a pair of demons that have cornered one of the townspeople who foolishly approached the ruins, Alhandra attacks. She slices, she dices, but despite her success, she alerts another nearby sentry and soon the three of them are fighting for their lives. In an ambush, the townsperson is cut down, and Alhandra is severely wounded, but Mialee manages to kill it with her arcane firepower.
Now, cut a few hours ahead, and group B enters the ruins and encounters a bedraggled Mialee fighting off another fiendish foe. Krusk charges into the fray and kills it, and Eberk uses his healing powers to revive Alhandra.
After this, the group decides to look for a better way in than through the front doors, and between Gimble and Eberk they manage to find a nearby passageway that leads into the bowels of the fortress. Down here, they encounter skeletons, zombies, ghouls, etc, some of which Tordek vapourizes with his powers, some which keep on coming after he tries. After a mini-boss fight with a pair of necromancers, they make their way back into the portion of the fortress patrolled by demons.
Gradually, they fight and sneak to the lair of the cambion, and there they fight him and whatever appropriately sized pet would fit here, in a big climactic fight. Gimble lulls the creature into dormancy with his magic, while Alhandra and Krusk rush off to fight the cambion. Eberk and Mialee, in the mean time, have their hands full with some minions. In the ensuing melee, the two warriors are doing OK against their fiendish foe, but he manages to sunder Krusk's weapon. The creature breaks out of Gimbles magical hold, and scoops up the gnome in its jaws. Before it bites down though, Krusk sees what is happening and leaps on the creatures back, grappling it, and Gimble is thrown free, but he is bleeding and unconscious. Minor minions defeated, Eberk rushes to heal his companion, while Mialee is left to bring the beast down with her spells, while Krusk is doing his best to keep it away from his companions. Meanwhile though, Alhandra is left fighting the cambion, who clearly has the upperhand. Suddenly, Alhandras weapon is knocked from her grasp, and then the cambion sinks his weapon deep into the paladins side. She turns ashen, and sinks to the ground, grasping the cambions blade jutting out of her. The party tries to come to her aid, but the half-demon erects some kind of flaming barrier around them, but when the half-demon tries to pull out his blade to strike the final blow. Alhandras eyes light up with a holy light and holds on for all shes worth. Forgetting his weapon, he rushes to grab Alhandra's blade, but when he touches it he is burned horribly, for it is surrounded by the same light in Alhandras eyes. Then, in a twist from how the villain rises up silently behind the unsuspecting victim, Alhandra rises up behind the howling cambion, his weapon clenched in her hands, and she strikes him down.
After that, it takes a moment for the fiery barrier to die down, and by the time a weary and drained Eberk can get to her side, her spirit is gone, not that he would of been able to save her, for the last of his powers have already been spent. It takes a moment for all of this to really sink in, and Mialee gets a more than a little upset, because she had travelled for several years with the courageous paladin, on many adventures. After some words, they get back to work and descend down a secret passageway that the half-demon had opened up before they arrived. They find a vault filled with weapons, armour and treasure. One display case though, is conspicuously empty, and then a magic mouth activates, telling the party that they have done a great service to the town, but that he (the brother) has made off with the prize. At this, everyone is quite angry, but the ever curious Gimble finds a hidden compartment in the case holding one last treasure, a magical journal of some kind containing a map and several writings that Mialee recognizes as spells. It appears that all has not been lost, and the scene closes zooming in on a location marked on the map.
In the end, the party heads back to town with the bodies of Alhandra and the person who was killed earlier. They elders promise that a fitting mausoleum will be built for the paladin, and wishes the remaining party members good luck on tracking down the place marked on their map. One of the elders tells the party that he has known the brother for many years, and doubts that he will purposefully attempt to harm anyone, but that he is filled with a great ambition and sometimes makes foolish decisions. The party is wished well in their journeys, and they set out for the location marked on the map.

The End.

Rough I know. Could use -lots- of improvement, but as the quote goes (whether it is originally from Alpha Centauri, I do not know), " With rough tools, we make better tools, and with better tools, we make more precise tools. "

Klaus

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
The movie is called Eurotrip, and she's rubbing herself up against a very "punk" Matt Damon in one of the greatest cameos of all time...

Check the movie out and you'll find yourself singing "Scotty Doesn't Know" for weeks to come...

Plus, it has a brief appearance by David Hasselhoff....
Very funny movie!

WAIT! That WAS Matt Damon? I thought he only LOOKED like Matt Damon! :O

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Well, I thought it was when I posted it, but Firebeetle confessed.

:p

That's about like my friend Bill, who slightly resembles George Lucas (minus the beard), to go around and saying that stuff like "Howard the Duck" was something he came up with "for the kids" and stuff like that. :lol:

Mostly to be facetious. ;)

Remove ads