D&D 5E Casters vs Martials: Part 2 - The Mundane Limit

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Since this is a bit of a spin-off, I'll just post the original version I made for consideration. Never play tested it and I haven't looked at it in a LONG time. :)

1640916089146.png

Stalker0

Legend
Since this is a bit of a spin-off, I'll just post the original version I made for consideration. Never play tested it and I haven't looked at it in a LONG time. :)

View attachment 149154
In this model, I would say Rally is OP. The ability to give 5-7 temp hp per turn is extremely good.

conversely, Riposte and Parry I actually think are pretty weak (until 15th level), because I am almost always going to want to use a maneuver on my turn. That's funny because I consider Parry one of the strongest maneuvers with the core BM. In fact it seems that the only point of the 15th level BM ability is to allow a parry or riposte on the same turn as a regular maneuver (otherwise your bonus action limit already removes the ability to combo the vast majority of maneuvers).

There is also the issue that this BM basically hates TWF, it might be nice to just have a manuever where you get an off hand attack and add your battle master bonus, so you can maintain the TWF love.

Beyond that, in general I like it.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
In this model, I would say Rally is OP. The ability to give 5-7 temp hp per turn is extremely good.

conversely, Riposte and Parry I actually think are pretty weak (until 15th level), because I am almost always going to want to use a maneuver on my turn. That's funny because I consider Parry one of the strongest maneuvers with the core BM. In fact it seems that the only point of the 15th level BM ability is to allow a parry or riposte on the same turn as a regular maneuver (otherwise your bonus action limit already removes the ability to combo the vast majority of maneuvers).

There is also the issue that this BM basically hates TWF, it might be nice to just have a manuever where you get an off hand attack and add your battle master bonus, so you can maintain the TWF love.

Beyond that, in general I like it.
Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Like I said, I designed this, but no one ever plays BM in my groups, so it never got play tested and was put in a "saved stuff" folder.

Maybe when my 5E Mod is finished (if ever... it is pushing 150 pages already... sigh) I'll rehash this idea with your feedback in mind.

Cheers!

Remove ads