D&D 5E Castle Greyhawk and World of Greyhawk Gazetter for 5E

Would You Buy a 5E Castle Greyhawk from Gygax's Notes?

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
A supplement featuring the cult of Beltar. Preferably coming out tomorrow. Preferably on a kindle fire.

This is a completely selfish and sort-sighted request. 😁

Henry

Autoexreginated
I don't mean this to sound insulting, but I would also totally buy a floating castle made from moonbeams and rainbows -- if it existed. ;) but as it is, as much as Gary put into note-writing before his death, to try and get something for Troll Lord, a derived work really wouldn't be his. The "real" Castle Greyhawk, as much as it existed, was a hand-drawn graph map and a bunch of text that constantly changed that lived in Gary's head. I had the great fortune to be able to play in it ONCE, but that will only really live in the experiences of those graced with playing with Gary when he ran it.

Last edited:

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Maybe depending, we need a Forgotten Realms guide alot more than a Greyhawk one. I think once we get ours, you can have yours ;-)

Odhanan

Adventurer
It would be very cool to see Castle Greyhawk, the original maps and keys, be published one day. I voted "would definitely buy."

There have been four different incarnations of the Castle (the original, the original + Rob Kuntz's material, an abbreviated version in 1998, and Castle Zagyg), and none of them have been published in their entirety.

Such as it is, Ernest Gygax (Jr.) and I are working on the Hobby Shop Dungeon, the castle created by Ernie and run since 1977/78, starting with games at the Dungeon hobby shop in Lake Geneva, and will kickstart its complete introductory module this year, DU1 Marmoreal Tomb of Garn Patuul, followed by the first installment of the Castle itself, and then a gazetteer of the Duinnsmere, the area around the HSD that can be inserted in a game world, extended into a game world of its own, and so on. Ernie was Tenser, and one of the long-running players exploring Greyhawk in its early hours, before the material of Rob Kuntz was added to it (first incarnation as explained above). The Hobby Shop Dungeon is not the same thing, yet it obviously owes a lot to the many hours Ernie spent exploring the first Lake Geneva castle.

en-02.jpg

Prototype maps for DU1 Marmoreal Tomb of Garn Patuul,
Introductory module to the Hobby Shop Dungeon

We intend to publish the HSD in its entirety. That will make it the first complete Lake Geneva castle and dungeon to be out there for gamers to play to their heart's content. And if Castle Greyhawk ever follows (I'm not privy to any information that would lead me to believe it'll happen any time soon, but one can only hope!), then these will certainly compatible with one another, could be used in the same campaign, or cannibalized to enhance one another, because they are built from the same gaming gygaxian cloth, fundamentally.

In any case, I wanted to make people aware this is coming. We are going to present it using 1st edition compatible rules first, but we are not excluding conversions, including 5th edition compatible rules. We have a website at GP-Adventures.com, a page on facebook, and even a group there as well to interact with gamers more directly, if you want to know more about what Ernest and I have in store, and so on. We are also on twitter @GP_Adventures

en-01.jpg

The Hobby Shop Dungeon, Surface map, players' version

In any case, pardon my plug here. I think this warranted the post.

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
It would be very cool to see Castle Greyhawk, the original maps and keys, be published one day. I voted "would definitely buy."

There have been four different incarnations of the Castle (the original, the original + Rob Kuntz's material, an abbreviated version in 1998, and Castle Zagyg), and none of them have been published in their entirety.

Such as it is, Ernest Gygax (Jr.) and I are working on the Hobby Shop Dungeon, the castle created by Ernie and run since 1977/78, starting with games at the Dungeon hobby shop in Lake Geneva, and will kickstart its complete introductory module this year, DU1 Marmoreal Tomb of Garn Patuul, followed by the first installment of the Castle itself, and then a gazetteer of the Duinnsmere, the area around the HSD that can be inserted in a game world, extended into a game world of its own, and so on. Ernie was Tenser, and one of the long-running players exploring Greyhawk in its early hours, before the material of Rob Kuntz was added to it (first incarnation as explained above). The Hobby Shop Dungeon is not the same thing, yet it obviously owes a lot to the many hours Ernie spent exploring the first Lake Geneva castle.

en-02.jpg

Prototype maps for DU1 Marmoreal Tomb of Garn Patuul,
Introductory module to the Hobby Shop Dungeon

We intend to publish the HSD in its entirety. That will make it the first complete Lake Geneva castle and dungeon to be out there for gamers to play to their heart's content. And if Castle Greyhawk ever follows (I'm not privy to any information that would lead me to believe it'll happen any time soon, but one can only hope!), then these will certainly compatible with one another, could be used in the same campaign, or cannibalized to enhance one another, because they are built from the same gaming gygaxian cloth, fundamentally.

In any case, I wanted to make people aware this is coming. We are going to present it using 1st edition compatible rules first, but we are not excluding conversions, including 5th edition compatible rules. We have a website at GP-Adventures.com, a page on facebook, and even a group there as well to interact with gamers more directly, if you want to know more about what Ernest and I have in store, and so on. We are also on twitter @GP_Adventures

en-01.jpg

The Hobby Shop Dungeon, Surface map, players' version

In any case, pardon my plug here. I think this warranted the post.

Fantastic, all. Thank you for making the adventure compatible with 1st Edition AD&D first.

Remove ads