• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castles and Crusades (NDA is lifted - ask questions, get answers)

Jackal42

First Post
Thanks guys, I was on the way to drop that information. :)

So it seems all non-combat rolls will indeed fall under the 12/18 mechanic and there are considerations for why level is added to attribute checks.

Mac has also mentioned that characters making non-class checks (like a fighter trying to pick someone's pocket) will not add level to that attribute check. I'm not quite sure how that will be written up but it goes along with the information posted above. :)

JRRNeiklot

First Post
So, a 10th level fighter with a 3 strength (an archer, maybe), and a 1st level fighter with a 22 strength have about the same chance of lifting a 400 pound boulder? That's just dumb. Level has nothing to do with how strong a given character is. I'll be using a d20 + str mod = TN.

Mac V

First Post
Different set?

I read over at the Trollords forums that the sets sold at Gen Con are different from those being shipped. True? and what's different?

nicodaudel

First Post
Mac V said:
I read over at the Trollords forums that the sets sold at Gen Con are different from those being shipped. True? and what's different?

The sets are supposed to be different, yes, but there's been no information about how/why that might be. I'm sure one of the Trolls will be posting additional details soon . . . Dion

Akrasia

Procrastinator
JRRNeiklot said:
So, a 10th level fighter with a 3 strength (an archer, maybe), and a 1st level fighter with a 22 strength have about the same chance of lifting a 400 pound boulder? That's just dumb. Level has nothing to do with how strong a given character is. I'll be using a d20 + str mod = TN.

I agree. Adding a class level only makes sense if that the task in question involves the accumulated SKILL of the class. Lifting a friggin' boulder doesn't require any skill. Strategically charging your opponent does (and hence gets the fighter level bonus).

Basic common sense. ;)

gideon_thorne

First Post
Mac V said:

The content of the box sets sold at GenCon arent any different than what those who ordered by the website will get. Just some editing and tidy up bits. No panic.

Well...cept for the poor trolls who ran a mad panic to get a short run of sets out at the con on time. *wry smile*

Last edited:

Akrasia

Procrastinator
gideon_thorne said:
.... Just some editing and tidy up bits. No panic....

Umm ... huh? Does that mean the box sets mailed out will be *better* or *worse* edited than the box sets sold at Gencon?

And when will the boxes be mailed?

(Eagerly awaiting my ... hopefully well-edited ... box set.)

Akrasia

Procrastinator
TroyXavier said:
When I picked up the boxed set at the con, they told me it would be 60 days. Whichever, so much to get in the next couple of months anyways.:p

WHAT? 60 days for what? The PHB or the box set?

(When I purchesed mine on-line, the message said I should get it later this month. Please don't hurt me fate...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads