• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Shayuri

First Post
"Yeah, no, he came up and chatted me and Cyril up when we were inside. He left just ahead of me." She laughs. "That cashier..."

"Anyway, you don't want us talking to the Sheriff, that's fine. I don't really care about the 'animal attack,'" she made scare marks with her fingers, "But me and Cyril have to swing by the newspaper office sometime soon to solve one little, not very mysterious thing. For great justice."

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg fixes D0 with his best "I know what I'm talking about" stare, "There wasn't no one who entered or left that store around the time you two were in there. I was watchin' the door.".

OOC: Then again, with his Perception, I wouldn't necessarily trust him...

Shayuri

First Post
"You just missed him, big guy," Otter assures him jovially. "Totally understandable. I'd have missed him myself if he hadn't started telling me to get out because of the evil, and I was just like a foot away from him."

Forged Fury

First Post
Feral calls from the other room, "They made a bet."

"I would call it a gentleperson's wager," Cyril said, glancing at Otter, "but feel it fails to meet the definition in part."

"But yeah, T, there was definitely a Poltergeist Indian guy there. I doubt Otter and I would have the same delusion. Then again, maybe we just thought he left the store. Crazier things have happened..."

gribble

Explorer
"Poll-tur-gassed? Well I didn't see no-one come in or out, so I can't say what tribe he was...", T-dawg shrugs his massive shoulders and turns back to the food.

"Seriously, isn't there a law against allowing headcases carrying weapons?"
Marks shrugged. "Yeah. And convicted felons can't vote, either." He looked up a Cyril. "You don't have to carry. After the incident at the toy store, higher up felt you should know your way around a firearm. You ask me, I'm surprised J.R.'s the only one who knew what to do with a gun in his hand. You're all convicts, for crying out loud. How can you not know how to shoot? Isn't that, like, Gangster 101?" Marks offered a weak smile.

He watched the conversation ping pong back and forth about crazy Indians and bets, then sighed. "I don't care if you talk to the Sheriff. Just don't get in any more trouble. And whatever you do, don't get caught. You could always ask Garvey if you're unclear. You've got her contact info." Marks stood up, tucked his laptop under one arm, and unplugged the charger from the wall. "It's late. I'm hitting the sack."

OOC: It's 8 pm. Please state what time your character goes to sleep. If your character doesn't sleep, then tell me what she/he does and where.

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg looks a little downcast and embarrassed when Marks has his rant about shooting and gangster 101, but keeps his mouth shut.

After eating, he hits the exercise (and prayer) mats, and turns in around 9.

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril frowned and said, "Sorry, boss..." as Marks left the room. Something had clearly dumped on the man's mood; this was a much different Marks than when they had first met. The former lawyer imagined the man regretted being assigned to watch the team. We're probably making him look like a total f(&! up.

Cyril retired early, heading to bed around 2100 after watching a little TV in the kitchen. He wasn't about to interrupt the children while they played their Atari. He set his phone to wake him up at about 0700.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads