• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Deena watched Feral shove back from the table and stomp out the door. "Something's eating that boy." She shook her head, then fished out a business card from a holder in her back pocket. "Here. That's me." The card read, "Deena Holbrooke, Deputy, Hancock County Sheriff's Department, 123 East Main Street, Greenfield, Indiana 46140. 317.477.1199." "Give me a holler if you think you want to help. I'll wait to hear back from you before I contact Mike Shepherd, he's our Sheriff."

Deena stood up. She offered a handshake around the table. "Nice to meet all of you. See you tomorrow on the range, 9 am. Bring a jacket, the forecast says cold weather." Deena made to leave.

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril and Otter pushed the napkin back and forth across the table, each time accompanied by furious cross-outs and scribbling. After a few rounds of this, the former lawyer nodded and said, "Deal. I'll bring it back to your cave when we get back and you can fax it to yourself so you have a copy of it."

Shaking Deena's hand, Cyril had to wonder what the deputy possibly thought about this crew. This couldn't possibly be a normal relationship between the FCC and the Sheriff's Department. The man shrugged, Whatever, I don't think anything about this is normal. Making a mental note to bring a jacket with him tomorrow, he headed for the door in Feral's long-forgotten wake.

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg sat munching his catfish throughout the back and forth between Cyril and D0, as if it were the most normal thing in the world and not worth paying any attention to... which for him was pretty much true now on both accounts.

After Feral stormed out and the others left, he shook Deena's hand and, seeing as everyone else seemed to ignore the card scooped it up from the table. He stood to follow the others out and then realised that no one seemed very interested in paying. Fishing his card out of his pocket he turns to D0, the only one left in the diner, and asks "Uh, can you figure out how to work this thing to pay the bill?"

Deena threw down three dollars on the table, her portion of the gratuity. She paid for her portion at the cash register, then left. When she turned out of the gravel lot, she turned right and headed south on State Road 9.

The bill for the remaining portion of the meal was $53.82. The hostess accepted T-dawg's debit card. She asked whether T-dawg wanted to include a tip and have it deducted from his debit card account (a 15% gratuity would be just about $8.00). Once the bill is settled, she offered T-dawg a coy smile as she returned his card. "Ya'll come back anytime."

OOC: It is dark outside when you exit Florida Cracker. Marks's expectation was that you would return home and would call him if you would not return to the bat cave by 6 pm. It's 6 pm now. Where are you guys headed?

Last edited:

gribble

Explorer
Percentages had always been hard for T-dawg, so he just leaves the recommended tip. He returns the hostesses smile shyly, mumbling something about thanks directed towards his feet as he shoves his card back in his pocket alongside Deena's business card and shuffles out after the others.

Once outside he stands near the van without getting in, waiting for someone to make a decision about heading back or not.

Forged Fury

First Post
"Well, are we heading back to Jump Street?" Cyril asked hopefully. He still didn't see why they would investigate this attack. He pulled out his cellphone; if the team insisted on investigating, he was calling Marks.

Shayuri

First Post
Death Otter shrugs. "We can, I guess. Gotta come back out though so we can check in with the local paper."

She gets into the car and lets people who care make up their minds.

Remove ads