CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril poked around in the remnants of his smoked turkey lunch, desperately searching for crazy pills. To his distress, he did not spot any. "Sure, as long as we get the OK from the FCC, while I would like to point out has literally zero jurisdiction here."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well duh. We wouldn't be doing it in any official capacity. It's just to settle a bet. When we figure out what's going on, at the end of the day, and there's coverups and conspiracies, then I will ask of you a Demand That Cannot be Denied. And if we get through it and everything's exactly as it seems, and all public statements are perfectly truthful to the extent the issuing party had reasonable cause to believe at the time, then you will ask the Demand of me."

Forged Fury

First Post
"Nope!" Cyril shook his head. "For one, the consequence of failure you're suggesting so far outweighs the possibility of failure, that there's no way I'm making that bet."

Pausing to pick smoked turkey out of his teeth with a toothpick, he continued, "For another, I didn't say I thought everything was on the up and up. I've defended enough cases to know that's pretty much never the case. It's the whole reason Public Relations is a career field. Our disagreement is over the degree of the shadows. Is there a possibility the government is lying about the cause of death? Sure, if they don't know, the last thing they want to admit is that they don't know. Did they infiltrate a local rag to plant a false flag newspaper article to divert attention? That I'd be willing to bet against. For reasonable odds of course."

Shayuri

First Post
Otter solemnly removed the tin foil hat and placed it in front of Cyril.

"Can't have it both ways. I know you like equivocating and everything, but it's too late. It's nut up or shut up time, and you have to decide."

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril looked at Otter and wondered how many times she had been dropped on her head as a child. "I don't understand how you can't comprehend this... things can be weird, but they can actually indeed be less weird than you think they are. So here, the bet is whether a shadow government has inserted a fake article into the Greenfield Daily Reporter." Cyril tapped the newspaper article they had all been reading. "This 'fake' article specifically."

Grabbing a napkin, the former lawyer pulled out a pen and scribbled something. Sliding it across the table, he said, "Here's what I would accept, I'm not giving you free reign to choose something."

OOC: I am fully expecting to lose this bet. To maintain suspense, I PMed Shayuri the offer rather than put it in the game thread.

"Oh, tribes right. I dunno, what tribes do you got out here?"
Deena shook her head no. "We don't got any tribes around here." She thought for a moment. "Well, I mean, we are called 'Indiana,' and there did used to be tribes--the Wabash, the Delaware, the Miami were big--but we don't have any now. There's a Pow Wow up in Pokagon State Park once a year, but I forget the nation that does that. And Pokagon is, like three hours north of here. It's up by Michigan. There's nothing down here. Where are you getting this "Indian" thing?" She looked quizzically at Otter.

Cyril poked around in the remnants of his smoked turkey lunch, desperately searching for crazy pills. To his distress, he did not spot any. "Sure, as long as we get the OK from the FCC, while I would like to point out has literally zero jurisdiction here."
Deena's eyebrows shot upward. "Wait, what? You'd be willing to be the go-between between the ISP and the Hancock Sheriff's Department? Seriously?" She leaned forward. "That would be great. If you can do it, that is. I could get you a meeting with Sheriff Shepherd. He might not like the idea, you not being law enforcement. In fact you're pretty far from law enforcement, I suppose. But you're unofficial, and unofficial is hard to come by."

OOC: Feel free to investigate if you're interested. I have other mission opportunities I can present to you guys if you don't bite at this one.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral pushed his chair back, his voice exasperated and aggravated as he answered, "Do we have anything better to do? Seriously, you two are boring the s**t out of me. Let's either go do this thing or go back and let Marks give us something to do. I don't care. Let's just do something."

Feral puts action to words and heads out of the Greasy Gator, not looking back to see if anyone else was following.

Shayuri

First Post
"That sounds like an endorsement to me!" crows Death Otter. She takes the napkin, reads it, and makes a 'flurt' noise with her mouth. "Weak. You call that nutting up? Fine. This is your first time playing, so we'll take a dip in the kiddy side." She wrote a small adjustment and slid it back.

"See, Cyrill? You upset Li. I hope you're happy."

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. eats his meal and says little. He watches as Cyril and Otter bicker back and forth. He's almost finished when Feral storms off. He quickly grabs a napkin and wipes his mouth which is half full of food and mutters,

"Sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot to me, but screw it, I'm jest da muscle. Lead on!"

Remove ads