• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Having separated himself from the party, and shouted in the hallway, Father Spec is delighted when Roscoe joins him. "You couldn't hear me, eh? Bully! Where to, then?" Father Spec seems rejuvenated by his research discovery.

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim considered their predicament. With possible enemies situated to the north and south, he felt slightly uncomfortable. "I believe we should check the two rooms to the east, but leave a guard out here to warn us if anyone shows up."

Pondering for a second, he continued, "Also, these halls are built tight, mainly for defense. If we run into anything in the halls again, we should probably approach it a little more defensively. Not running off haphazardly into the arms of some unknown terror. The walls are nice in that our enemies probably have to come to us as well."

Putting words to action, the dwarf mage approached the first door to the east and checked to see if it was locked.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I meant the one on the north side of the hallway on the northern end of the silence spell, where Spec and Roscoe are, which we bypassed earlier.

Fulgrim tested the handle to the door lining the north side of the hallway north of the silence spell. The handle depressed. Unlocked. When the dwarf mage pulled on the door, it silently opened. Inside was a clean room 15' by 15' square, in good order. A limestone sarcophagus embellished with linear carvings occupied the center of the room. A metal handrail ran the perimeter of the sarcophagus, which sat perched on a stone pedestal that raised the tomb's height to five feet. There was enough room around the edge of the sarcophagus for one person to walk, but no more.

sarcophagus_from_abu_roach_lim_hi.jpg

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Assuming the rest of the party has gathered...

Fulgrim glanced at Spec with a sour look. "Pick up things left behind? Sure. Disturb the bones of the dead? Not if I have anything to say about it."

The dwarf examined the sarcophagus to see if there were any runes identifying the occupant.

OOC: Not sure what to roll, so here's a straight D20
[roll0]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Having followed the others back through the area of Silence, Guran stands out of the way (a bit to the west of the room being discussed), and listens to the verbal descriptions and statements of the others.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Spec enters the room, and runs his fingers over the carvings on the side of the sarcophagus, feeling the path where hammer and chisel made there way so long ago. The texture is smoother than he expected, telling him something about both the quality of the workmanship, and the purity of the stone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads